The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sketching

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zegno

Zegno

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 18:47

Hello people of the fountain pen world,

Well, I got into fountain pens at first because I heard there was people using them for sketching. Wanting to try this out myself I started to buy some. I have quiet some pens and inks now and my current favorite combo for sketching is my Platinum #3776 chartres blue with its soft fine nib inked with some Iroshizuku Take-sumi.

Here are some sketches I did in the train on my way back home today. As you can see my photography skills are as low as they possibly can and I can't really call myself an artist I just took that with my phone. But I'm still sharing. I hope you like them.

woD3y.jpg

woCtQ.jpg

woCuC.jpg

woCA7.jpg

By the way the book is a Moleskin 165g/m2. I know people don't like it with fountain pens. But I love it with my pencils and this one is thick enough to behave nicely with ink.

If there is anyone also sketching, please, share with me!

Also, sorry for my excuse of an english writing, it's not my native language.

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 20:40

Nice work.  You should have a look at the FPN Art Gallery thread, and post stuff there as well.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 Zegno

Zegno

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 20:53

Thank you,

I didn't see there was this thread, I will take a look.

Sponsored Content

|