The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can Anyone Name The Model Of This Reform Pen? Is It A Reform Pen?

reform student

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ink Stained Wretch

Ink Stained Wretch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:50

A few years ago I bought some of these pens that were advertised as Reform Student fountain pens. I bought them from an individual, not an on-line store, not from Flea-Bay.

They write well, but I have always wondered if they are really a product of the Reform company, and if they are if they have a specific model number or name or if they're just called "Reform Student" fountain pens.

The nibs are stamped:

Iridium

Point

Germany

But we all know that that doesn't mean they were made in Germany. One had "Germany" on the end button,FWIW.

reform_student_fountain_pens_closed.jpg

Here they are with their caps on.

reform_student_fountain_pens_open.jpg

Here they are with their caps off.

reform_student_fountain_pen_end.jpg

Here's the end of the one with "Germany" on the end button. Can we call it a tassie on such inexpensive pens?

Anyway,  if anyone can help to identify these pens I'd appreciate it :) .

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!
ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Sponsored Content

#2 dennis_f

dennis_f

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 13:26

Maybe bumping this will help get it some attention...

#3 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,152 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2017 - 16:14

They look like the "school pens" Reform brought out in the 1980s. A nice example of European industrial design. The "Germany" stamp suggests they were export pieces, since the ones for the internal market weren't stamped.

#4 Ink Stained Wretch

Ink Stained Wretch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,355 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:02

Maybe bumping this will help get it some attention...

It did, thanks.

#5 Ink Stained Wretch

Ink Stained Wretch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,355 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:13

They look like the "school pens" Reform brought out in the 1980s. A nice example of European industrial design. The "Germany" stamp suggests they were export pieces, since the ones for the internal market weren't stamped.

Do you know if they have any name other than "School Pens?" The person who sold them to me called them "Reform Student" pens. I'm wondering if there's any  model number or other name related to them.

Most of the ones I have do not have the "Germany" on the end, so a mix of domestic and export product makes sense. And I'm thinking that these are now more likely to really be Reform pens from Germany, rather than a knock-off from a few thousand miles east of there.

Do you know of any images of these or similar pens around? They write pretty well, and although I'm not looking to buy more I am eager to find out more regarding what I have.

Thanks for your help in this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reform, student

Sponsored Content

|