Sailor Naginata Cross Concord Emperor - Where To Buy In Tokyo

wobbuffet

Hi friends,

I'm going to Tokyo for the first time and I'm hoping to buy a Sailor Naginata Cross Concord Emperor Fountain Pen.

Would anyone recommend a place where I can buy the pen? Wouldn't mind travelling to the outer suburbs.

Thanks so much!

Tony

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• wobbuffet

• gerigo

• Algester

I guess you are unlucky - see the notification regarding an orderstop at Sailor's HP: LINK

Did you contact all big pen shops beforehand? They might have a better opportunity to obtain such a pen.

See a list here: LINK

I haven't checked all those. I will now. Thank you so much!

I think I will also be able to go to Osaka and Kyoto. Would you happen to have a list of places to visit there?

Again, thank you so much!

In my very limited experience shopping in Tokyo, buying such an esoteric item your chances of getting it would probably be at the biggest pen shops like Maruzen and Itoya. I have tried the smaller Itoyas, independent pen shops as well as smaller pen counters at Isetan and other department stores, and they tend to stock more standard items.

I purchased all my exotic Sailor nibs from those 2 locations.

> I think I will also be able to go to Osaka and Kyoto. Would you happen to have a list of places to visit there?

No, sorry. But post another question - regarding the pen shops in the Osaka/Kyoto/Kansai area - in this forum. I am sure, you will get enough addresses.

Edited by mke

mmm Osaka... not quite a "big" place with such an order you would have to order online like pen-house or Buneidou who are both based in Osaka if you get lucky again

Sailor has shifted orders for their special nibs (1 year and 6 months backorder) currently I think they havent posted a new memo they will be taking orders for Naginata-togi only

the next nearest place in Osaka would be Kobe's Nagasawa pen den

Edited by Algester

Sailor wrote recently that they hope to be able to take new orders in 2018.

Kingdom Notes website is VERY up to date. If you check a week before leaving you can basically have a view on what's available. Unfortunately in all my years of shopping at the store, they tend to focus a lot more on European pens and have less selections of Japanese pens.

You really need to search in several places to know exact prices. I always do to see how good an offer on Yahoo auctions is.

Example: Sailor Professional Gear silver 21 K broad nib

Yahoo Auction: a seller wants 12000+510 for sending (unused but preowned): looks good if you compare with Sailor's list price of 21600

A simple search on Amazon finds the same pen, new for 12472 Yen, free shipment

If you look at kakaku.com, you don't find this offer. If you search Google, you also don't find this amazon offer.

However, if you look at hikaku.com, you find it. LINK

Yodobashi.com 14820 Yen-10% points LINK - so, Amazon is this time 16% cheaper