Flex Nib For Jinhao X750

explicit_snark

Hey guys! I'm currently waiting for a Jinhao x750 in the mail and was wondering, are there any flex nibs that will fit it? I've heard that any #6 nib will fit the x750, but that a Noodler's #6 flex is too thick to fit in the x750. Does anyone have any suggestions for flex nibs that will fit the x750?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oneill

• Honeybadgers

• yeepers

• AlexLeGrande

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really don't know. Maybe Goulet, or Anderson pens can help you out. 😀😀

Try Fountain Pen Revolution.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Can you please tell me where you got the Brause from and how much incl shipp

Thanks so much for the recommendations guys! Just got the Brause Rose nib! Think I might get some other nibs from fpnibs.com and will make my Jinhao my go to pen to test different types of nibs!

Edited by explicit_snark

I've put unmodified Noodlers untipped flex nibs in three x750s so far and they've fit fine and run smoothly, so I don't know why you've had trouble with thickness.

Hi, I'm Mat

:)

I have tried a Bock #6 Titanium semi-flexible nib in my silver-colored Jinhao 750 pen, using the original Jinhao feed and it works. In case you are interested for a writing sample, please refer to post #14 of this FPN post found here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/315921-titanium-bock-nib-kaigelu-316-beaufort-ink/

Edited by Frank66

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

No, a noodlers flex nib is too broad shouldered to fit almost any #6 pen.

Don't bother with the brause rose, it's a rather expensive option. the G nibs are on amazon for less than a buck a nib and flex like MAD.

Go with a Zebra G nib (go for the coated, they're a little less prone to rusting if you abuse them)

To install, take a pair of pliers and squeeze the back of the nib JUST until you feel it give. only a tiny bit needs to be done to make it fit easily.

You will run into railroading, but as long as you're happy priming the feed every half page or so of heavy flexing, it won't let you down.

The noodlers ahab is honestly the better pen for this customization, but I have run an x750 /w zebra G nib for weeks without issue. The noodlers feed is much better suited, since it can be heat set to a dip nib and by default has a better flow.

Ranga feed

Stock Ahab feed (hasn't been heat set well enough, it isn't quite as perfect as the ranga, but it's still darn good and really doesn't like to railroad unless you push it way further than makes sense)

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Thanks so much for the recommendations guys! Just got the Brause Rose nib! Think I might get some other nibs from fpnibs.com and will make my Jinhao my go to pen to test different types of nibs!

Can you please give instructions of how to fit to a Jinhao I think you said 750? I can tell

where to buy in Australia for $3'50 incl postage

Edited by oneill

Can you please give instructions of how to fit to a Jinhao I think you said 750? I can tell

Do not buy the brause rose. Get Zebra comic "G" nibs. They cost $10 for 10 nibs, and you will need more than one, since they do wear out and occasionally rust if you mistreat them.

But if you do buy one, it's the same as with the zebra nib. Take a pair of pliers and squeeze the back of the nib just until you feel it "give." only a tiny amount is required to make it fit, but you can actually squeeze it pretty far and it'll fit too, so there's a lot of room for error.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I was asking where I could buy a BRAUSE ROSE NIB WHICH FITS A JINHAO 450 AND HOW TO FIT IT?

I have many ZEBRA NIBS BUT I WANT A BRAUSE ROSE NIB.

No, a noodlers flex nib is too broad shouldered to fit almost any #6 pen.

Don't bother with the brause rose, it's a rather expensive option. the G nibs are on amazon for less than a buck a nib and flex like MAD.

Go with a Zebra G nib (go for the coated, they're a little less prone to rusting if you abuse them)

To install, take a pair of pliers and squeeze the back of the nib JUST until you feel it give. only a tiny bit needs to be done to make it fit easily.

You will run into railroading, but as long as you're happy priming the feed every half page or so of heavy flexing, it won't let you down.

The noodlers ahab is honestly the better pen for this customization, but I have run an x750 /w zebra G nib for weeks without issue. The noodlers feed is much better suited, since it can be heat set to a dip nib and by default has a better flow.

Ranga feed

Stock Ahab feed (hasn't been heat set well enough, it isn't quite as perfect as the ranga, but it's still darn

ood and really doesn't like to railroad unless you push it way further than makes sense)

Sorry but I am interested in trying out the Brause Roase Nib and would appreciate any instructions on

fitting same to Jinhao 450. Thanks. oneill

I literally just said how to make the brause rose fit. It's the same fit as the Zebra. Pull the nib and feed straight out, squeeze the bum of the nib with pliers until you JUST feel it give, line the nib up with the feed with the feed as far up the nib as you can go (on the zebra that's about the first fin slot with the eye on the flex cutout) and then gently slide them together. If they don't go together with only a medium amount of pressure, remove the nib and bend the tail a little more with pliers.

Once the two are together, check the gap between the nib and feed. You CAN heat set the plastic feed a bit, dip it into boiling water for 20-30 seconds, pull it out, and push it HARD up against the nib for about a full minute (use a paper towel to avoid burning your hand) it won't be as good as if you had a noodlers ahab or konrad (ahab is better due to the larger cap) but it'll work.

That said...

Not sure why you really want the brause rose, but to each his own. I personally think the rose flourish on the brause rose might hurt the pen's ability to flow from the feed (and it actually might prevent the nib from fitting in the jinhao, I know it fits the noodlers ahab/konrad, but is a little tougher to get in), and I know from experience that the brause rose and zebra nibs perform essentially identical in this application, with the brause a hair softer, but the overall ability to flex is the same, and unless you're a seasoned calligrapher, the brause rose is one of the hardest nibs to use. it may often hard start, especially since the feed will likely be just a hair separated from the nib at rest. I used rose and zebra nibs for drawing all the time in high school, and the rose is just not an easy nib. Which is why I always suggest starting with the comic G. It's plenty soft, as you can see in the first video, mild sweeps create pretty stunning line variation. And you're never going to be able to open a dip nib past about 2 or 3 mm without it regularly railroading due to the lower surface tension of the ink, particularly with the tiny feeds on the jinhao.

Be ready to prime the feed regularly.

The rose is not chrome plated so it must be removed and kept separate from the pen almost every single day or it will rust FAST. The Zebra nibs are pretty tough, and I've kept one in an x750 for months, and in a noodlers konrad for months. I wouldn't expect a rose to last two weeks. The titanium coated zebra nibs last even longer.

Buy a brause rose at your own risk and expense. I would only suggest trying it if you already had a spare one lying around, because the zebra nib gives you the same potential for far less headache. If you really want portable copperplate, get a noodlers ahab, use a dremel and cutoff wheel to deepen that feed as much as you can, and then fit the brause rose with a perfect heat set.

I already had this Rose nib in Jinhao and it got damaged and tines were broken when I tried to cap it. It was a disastrous mistake.

I have some other Dip pen nibs to use the pen. I like the rose nib it is very flexible but it got strangely oxidised as I never cleaned the nib every day.

I have two other Jinhos with different nibs. Zebra/ Nikkor G/ chrome and a Leonard principle"

and they are on a trial to see how long they stay before they got rusted and needs replacing. :) it is worth trying but there's a price for that always.

I literally just said how to make the brause rose fit. It's the same fit as the Zebra. Pull the nib and feed straight out, squeeze the bum of the nib with pliers until you JUST feel it give, line the nib up with the feed with the feed as far up the nib as you can go (on the zebra that's about the first fin slot with the eye on the flex cutout) and then gently slide them together. If they don't go together with only a medium amount of pressure, remove the nib and bend the tail a little more with pliers.

Once the two are together, check the gap between the nib and feed. You CAN heat set the plastic feed a bit, dip it into boiling water for 20-30 seconds, pull it out, and push it HARD up against the nib for about a full minute (use a paper towel to avoid burning your hand) it won't be as good as if you had a noodlers ahab or konrad (ahab is better due to the larger cap) but it'll work.

That said...

Not sure why you really want the brause rose, but to each his own. I personally think the rose flourish on the brause rose might hurt the pen's ability to flow from the feed (and it actually might prevent the nib from fitting in the jinhao, I know it fits the noodlers ahab/konrad, but is a little tougher to get in), and I know from experience that the brause rose and zebra nibs perform essentially identical in this application, with the brause a hair softer, but the overall ability to flex is the same, and unless you're a seasoned calligrapher, the brause rose is one of the hardest nibs to use. it may often hard start, especially since the feed will likely be just a hair separated from the nib at rest. I used rose and zebra nibs for drawing all the time in high school, and the rose is just not an easy nib. Which is why I always suggest starting with the comic G. It's plenty soft, as you can see in the first video, mild sweeps create pretty stunning line variation. And you're never going to be able to open a dip nib past about 2 or 3 mm without it regularly railroading due to the lower surface tension of the ink, particularly with the tiny feeds on the jinhao.

Be ready to prime the feed regularly.

The rose is not chrome plated so it must be removed and kept separate from the pen almost every single day or it will rust FAST. The Zebra nibs are pretty tough, and I've kept one in an x750 for months, and in a noodlers konrad for months. I wouldn't expect a rose to last two weeks. The titanium coated zebra nibs last even longer.

Buy a brause rose at your own risk and expense. I would only suggest trying it if you already had a spare one lying around, because the zebra nib gives you the same potential for far less headache. If you really want portable copperplate, get a noodlers ahab, use a dremel and cutoff wheel to deepen that feed as much as you can, and then fit the brause rose with a perfect heat set.

I already had this Rose nib in Jinhao and it got damaged and tines were broken when I tried to cap it. It was a disastrous mistake.

I have some other Dip pen nibs to use the pen. I like the rose nib it is very flexible but it got strangely oxidised as I never cleaned the nib every day.

I have two other Jinhos with different nibs. Zebra/ Nikkor G/ chrome and a Leonard principle"

and they are on a trial to see how long they stay before they got rusted and needs replacing. :) it is worth trying but there's a price for that always.

Thank you for your advice which is much appreciated, I don't want any unnecessary problems if I can avoid it,I have quite a few Zebra G nibs in my collection which I can use ,Bryan

Here's one of my #6 FPR "flex" nibs in my Jinhao x450. I don't foresee myself swapping it out for a very long time, if ever.

fpn_1498344192__jinhao-x450-050.jpg

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

3 PK Brause Rosefedern #76 Nibs - $11.97 + $2.95 Shipping. Ebay - Seller - Streetfair

s-l500.jpg