• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakman

• Axis

• admmarcos

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Patron of Art Medici in gold (LE of 8). This is the DNA of all modern limited editions to me.

post-116865-0-98763600-1497544754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Axis

Patron of Art Medici in gold (LE of 8). This is the DNA of all modern limited editions to me.

I don't think there was a gold version. The ones given to the artists were still silver ones. Just numbered from 0001 to 0008. One was for sale for about 2 years ago when one of them passed away.

There used to be a photoshop processed picture of gold Medici but no one has ever seen one.

The only thing close to this is a set of 8 medici by all 8 engravers(Z+H, Z-H, Bo, R, M, JB, HP, H) issued by Montblanc in a special box for some of its top collectors.

I don't think there was a gold version. The ones given to the artists were still silver ones. Just numbered from 0001 to 0008. One was for sale for about 2 years ago when one of them passed away.

There used to be a photoshop processed picture of gold Medici but no one has ever seen one.

The only thing close to this is a set of 8 medici by all 8 engravers(Z+H, Z-H, Bo, R, M, JB, HP, H) issued by Montblanc in a special box for some of its top collectors.

Well, you can drop by and I will show it to you. And in the collectors guide by A. Sievers these 8 gold Medici are mentioned on page 335. ;)

Well, you can drop by and I will show it to you. And in the collectors guide by A. Sievers these 8 gold Medici are mentioned on page 335. ;)

I would like to see the hallmark on the engraving area. When did Montblanc make these pens and what marker are they targeting at that time? There weren't any 888 PoAs in the following years and the pen is not included in their old Artlier series catalogue.

I would like to see the hallmark on the engraving area. When did Montblanc make these pens and what marker are they targeting at that time? There weren't any 888 PoAs in the following years and the pen is not included in their old Artlier series catalogue.

Here you go, I guess you can see the 750. They were made 1992; 4 went to the price winners, 4 were sold to special collectors. All 8 were made by the master craftsmen for the Medici series.

In the catalogue I mentioned you can read that there were always small numbers of winner pens. However, in the years following 1992, there were more than 4 price winners so these special winner editions were only available to the winners. Also, the name of the winner was engraved into the pens. This is not the case with my pen and the other 3 non-winner gold Medici.

post-116865-0-28567600-1497691797_thumb.jpg

Here you go, I guess you can see the 750. They were made 1992; 4 went to the price winners, 4 were sold to special collectors. All 8 were made by the master craftsmen for the Medici series.

In the catalogue I mentioned you can read that there were always small numbers of winner pens. However, in the years following 1992, there were more than 4 price winners so these special winner editions were only available to the winners. Also, the name of the winner was engraved into the pens. This is not the case with my pen and the other 3 non-winner gold Medici.

Some of the winner didn't go there to accept the prize so the non-engraved ones are available so sell privately. I only got 3 of these pens but never seen any prize pens earlier than 1998. Thank you for your photo! It finally breaks the myth of solid gold Medici pen.

Wow! That Medici is amazing!

I think my Grail pen is the Qing dynasty (with the jade cap) with all the boxes preferably uninked:)

My grail pen would be a 146 platinum plated facet.

This series was the first that drew my attention to Montblanc aroun 2010.

(Saw a few on ebay lately, but I'm searching for a nos/ mint one. (Although it is not a fountainpen, the platinum plated facet LeGrand rollerball would be nice, as only a handful were made.)

The next grails would then be we a full 149 demonstrator and the Skeleton Star 333.

I don't know that I have a Grail pen, per se, but I'm keeping my eye open for an all blue JFK as my next victim. Maybe the DC Pen Show will make that happen!

If we are talking about grail, a sin not going to be able to purchase, but its on the list. Here is mine.

http://jp4.r0tt.com/l_ffbd34c0-a8d8-11e1-b1bb-296539b00004.jpg

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Maybe a Celluloid 149 with 14C Nib in pristine condition with some flex in broad that writes beautifully and has some provenance like it was owned and actually used by someone like Albert Eisnntein, Neil Borhs, Winston Churchill, Cary Grant, etc.....

A couple of months ago an eBay seller claimed to be selling some 149's that House Speaker Thomas Foley used. Probably not in Sir Winston or Albert Einstein's league, though.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

My grail pen was a Montblanc 149, as mentioned in the attached from the April 2017 issue of Penworld magazine, posted with the editor's permission.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade