• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakman

• Axis

• admmarcos

• thygreyt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good question. I'm not sure if I have one, really. Does it have to be attainable eventually (assuming normal circumstances, no lottery winnings) or just the pen you want the most, regardless of whether you could ever get it?

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png

Good question. I'm not sure if I have one, really. Does it have to be attainable eventually (assuming normal circumstances, no lottery winnings) or just the pen you want the most, regardless of whether you could ever get it?

Thanks for joining the discussion. In this case, I think the pen you want the most should be a very interesting question.

I have two at the moment. MB Royal Gold Raden and Nakaya Cigar 17mm Chinkin Dragonflies. If I decide to sell my house I'll buy both of them.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

I have two at the moment. MB Royal Gold Raden and Nakaya Cigar 17mm Chinkin Dragonflies. If I decide to sell my house I'll buy both of them.

Very interesting. I didn't know the Royal Gold Raden, I think it is from Pelikan. And what's about Montblanc pens? I think I forgot to mention that the question is about any MB pen that could be your grail pen. Thanks for the message,

Maybe a Celluloid 149 with 14C Nib in pristine condition with some flex in broad that writes beautifully and has some provenance like it was owned and actually used by someone like Albert Eisnntein, Neil Borhs, Winston Churchill, Cary Grant, etc.....

Thanks for joining the discussion. In this case, I think the pen you want the most should be a very interesting question.

Actually, I think the skeletonized Unicef pen running at about $10k would be my grail MB. It's beautiful.

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png

Realistic is a platinum 149, just waiting for a good deal to pop up. Stretch is a silver ring 149.

The only problem with a grail is once you find it you start looking for another (for me at least). I recently received a Blue Hour Legrand which was my grail pen since it's release. It's an amazing pen and an ink window short of perfect (or close). Now my grail quest has moved to a Graf POTY 2017. It'll be years until they come unto the secondary market and even then probably a stretch.

I have 2 MB, Martele & Jewellry Collection Mozart. They satisfy my desires for MB. There aren't any on my radar right now, most are too plain or too ornate. But I really like the LE inks.

For me it is the skeleton edition of Leonardo LE74 but it will never be in my budget.

post-107909-0-60325400-1383030682.jpg

In a realistic budget it is the Saint-Exupery WE limited edition that will be released in the coming weeks and I reserved to my reseller so not really a grail...

Edited by Cyrille

I prefer to define "grail pen" as those I can reasonably hope to purchase one day. (Sure, everyone wants a Charlie Chaplin but who's got 30-40K hanging around burning a hole in their pockets?) If I have to limit it to MB FPs, this would include a Blue Hour 146-sized FP (which I think looks AWESOME) and an Agatha Christie.

Now, if price were no object, I'd look for a Silver Rings 149, any vintage MB in lapis lazuli and/or a 149 made from the wood of a "miracle pine" tree that survived the 2015 Tsunami (I love wood pens although I have reservations about this one...)

In 2011 I went to a Montblanc party in London in which they presented Prince Charles with a pen to celebrate the fact that he was the UK winner of the annual patron of the arts award.

I'm pretty sure the following is the pen which was gifted to the various global winners. Either way I really like it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Montblanc-Atelier-Prive-G-Maecenas-Limited-Edition-Fountain-pen-/222316064326?hash=item33c311ee46:g:nxYAAOSwKOJYIjxd

The following is my favourite 149

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONTBLANC-SKELETON-75th-ANNIVERSARY-FOUNTAIN-PEN-GOLD-MINT-COMPLETE-DISPLAY-/371834095922?hash=item56930a0932:m:m8hZZKOW-wnqmSkiBVzGUyw

Edited by BrandonA

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

In 2011 I went to a Montblanc party in London in which they presented Prince Charles with a pen to celebrate the fact that he was the UK winner of the annual patron of the arts award.

I'm pretty sure the following is the pen which was gifted to the various global winners. Either way I really like it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Montblanc-Atelier-Prive-G-Maecenas-Limited-Edition-Fountain-pen-/222316064326?hash=item33c311ee46:g:nxYAAOSwKOJYIjxd

The following is my favourite 149

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MONTBLANC-SKELETON-75th-ANNIVERSARY-FOUNTAIN-PEN-GOLD-MINT-COMPLETE-DISPLAY-/371834095922?hash=item56930a0932:m:m8hZZKOW-wnqmSkiBVzGUyw

You'd think for $98k they could have come up with better pictures of the Atelier Prive G. Maecenas LE.

First time I've seen the skeleton 75th anniversary and it's a stunner (though a little ornate for my tastes).

Only one MB could be Grail for me... Coral Red HR # 12... the main problem is to find one, and well the price, but let's find one first...

:D

For me it is the skeleton edition of Leonardo LE74 but it will never be in my budget.

post-107909-0-60325400-1383030682.jpg

In a realistic budget it is the Saint-Exupery WE limited edition that will be released in the coming weeks and I reserved to my reseller so not really a grail...

Never say never. I hope all your fountain pen dreams come true Edited by meiers