Free Pens Offer Retracted. Problem Solved!

I have a new Hero 9018 (1.2m fude) and Caliarts Ego (F nib + EF nib) that I purchased on Taobao and are currently at a warehouse in Hangzhou City but can't be shipped to Canada. Since I'm not able to make any progress with resolving my Taobao issues in a conventional way for a return and refund (the seller would give me their address and I'd pass that on to the warehouse) I'd like for someone living near Hangzhou City to be my proxy seller for the purpose of getting these pens out of the warehouse (Taobao gives you 20 free days of storage and then charges 20 cents per day per package). So you will get free pens and I will be done with Taobao. I am asked to pay exactly 12 yuan to cover shipping but I don't know whether that is enough to ship across all of China. Therefore whoever wants these pens needs to live near Hangzhou City. Please let me know when the pens arrive. Thanks.

Edit: Since I paid 12 yuan to have the Lecai pens sent back to a seller who's located in Shanghai Chuansha Town, I will make this offer available to anyone living as far out from Hangzhou City as Shanghai Chuansha Town.

I'll need for you to PM me your contact information in Chinese but include field labels in English so I know what information I'm entering:

post-136398-0-51821300-1497040309_thumb.jpg

Edited by plumo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• plumo

• sciumbasci

• Mech-for-i

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be clear, this is completely legitimate. These pens are paid for. I will not be getting a refund from Taobao. I simply need these pens to be moved out of the warehouse.

For further clarification and attempt to show good will on my part I'll provide a screen shot of my predicament. I've successfully returned and refunded the Lecai pens, the Caliart's seller is where I am making no progress and the Hero seller has yet to get back to me but it's only a 5 dollar pen so if I can move the rest of my orders out of the warehouse at the same time it's worth it to me to forfeit the refund for the Hero (and I'd still have to pay the 12 yuan anyway so it's really a 3 dollar refund. Not worth the hassle)

Edited by plumo

Here is one more screen shot to help explain. The warehouse is in Hangzhou City and the pens are stuck there.

post-136398-0-51545000-1497043527_thumb.png

Hey Plumo

I seem to (vaguely) remember that if your order gets stuck at the warehouse, it is due to the fact that you either did not provide a valid address, or it is simply due to the fact that you did not pay for international shipping, both of which can be fixed, should you not find someone willing to pick them up.

Hey Plumo

I seem to (vaguely) remember that if your order gets stuck at the warehouse, it is due to the fact that you either did not provide a valid address, or it is simply due to the fact that you did not pay for international shipping, both of which can be fixed, should you not find someone willing to pick them up.

Hi Sciumbasci, I was told that JCEX (the forwarder for shipment) refused to ship for the reasons "contains liquid" and "sharp items can not be sent". I don't don't understand the reasoning because the Lecai eye dropper pens come with no ink at all. Also, I contacted the Ebay seller for these pens who told me they use China Post and will ship to Canada. If China Post can send fountain pens to Canada I'm not sure why JCEX can't. At any rate, Taobao's customer service told me there isn't anything they can do to ship these pens to Canada.

Edited by plumo

I contacted JCEX and was able to abandon the Caliarts pen at the warehouse. No extra fees! So Success! (..of a pathetic sort)

Edited by plumo

well good to know things move on in a positive manner; I suppose the Caliart pen might actually have include in the order a ( bonus ) ink sample which is not uncommon among calligraphy supply items, that can be the root of the problem ..

Edited by Mech-for-i

It took a while to get myself, customer service, the intervention team and the seller on the same page for what seems to be a breakdown in communication and a lack of understanding on my part for how Taobao works (I still don't want to have to download software to communicate, I prefer Amazon and Ebay's method of sending email through their platform) but it now appears as though I'm able to refund the Caliarts Ego since it's on it's way back to the seller. Still working on the Hero.

Edited by plumo

More Taobao shenanigans. The Calliert's Ego seller received the pen for a return but refused a refund claiming the box was opened and the pen was inked. This pen could never have left the warehouse to be shipped internationally which was the entire point of having to return it to the seller. I've done everything within my power to get this pen back to the seller so it's either time for seller-friendly-Taobao to step up or for me to get the credit card company involved.

One possibility; when I asked the warehouse to abandon the pen rather than charge extra storage fees, a warehouse worker possibly could have used it (assuming they also had access to ink...)

Edited by plumo