Tangerine : A Short Pictorial

Sagarb

I can still remember the first day of chatting with Mr. Subramanium of ASA pen, I was so impressed by his behaviour..and I was surprised as well when he asked me if I am a Bengali and started talking in authentic Bengali..I got to know that he raised in Kolkata,and it is his home town.I became very happy. So I remember that I didn't order any ASA pen that day but a Wality 69 EB. which was my first ebonite. Subbu is the man from whom I learnt about hard rubber, hand made pen etc,etc. Before then, I used to buy cheap Chinese pens randomly..So I must say that it was the day I entered into the real world of fountain pen by holding his hand.Subbu had become my guiding light ever since..it was 2013 (also the founding year of ASA ..what a coincidence!!).
Four years have passed, we have become friends and he has beocome my elder brother. Besides pens, so many matters are there which I have discussed with him, asked for suggestions when I faced any problem..and no need to say that whenever a smallest problem rises with any of his product and when I mention that to him, the immediate reply is," please send it back, I will replace it or fix it"...not a sign of hesitation ever heard in his voice..I am sure that many of you have experienced the same.So all these words I have written may will bore you, but the relation with Subbu is not only bounded in buyer-seller relationship..a very emotional attachment has been build up all through the years with him,with ASA, this is just what I wanted to tell you..so whenever ASA launches a new product or a new version and I am begining to like it, somehow I feel that I have some responsibility to let all the FP lovers know about it,only if the product is upto the mark.So here I am again..This is about Tangerine Acrylic Nauka..a translucent version of nauka in colour..May be you remember that the first review of Nauka was done by me, here is the link for those who haven't read it yet..
First impression of Tangerine is yummmy..luscious...mouth-watering.. The Tangerine Translucent Nauka is a full acrylic translucent fountain pen in Orange, completely handmade and is available as an Eyedropper or a 3 in1 filling. For two reasons I asked Subbu to send me an eyedropper version with stock ASA nib.First, my budget was low and second, I love to watch the ink sloshing through the translucent barrel wall.When the sunlight comes through it, it looks fabulous. I liked Tangerine so much.So here is the pictorial..

fpn_1497001345__a.jpg

Tangerine, my ED version

fpn_1497001388__b.jpg

Uncapped,clipless

fpn_1497002218__r.jpg

Asa #6 stock Nib & ebonite feed

fpn_1497002803__cap.jpg

Cap view

fpn_1497003452__recently-updated5.jpg

Barrel and its translucency

fpn_1497003587__p.jpg

Oh..it's tallest among them..

fpn_1497003636__q.jpg

How smooth & comfortable writer it is...

Dimensions & weight:
Diameter – Body: 13-15 mm
Diameter – Cap :15mm
Diameter – Section: 12-15 mm
Length – Body: 120 mm
Length – Cap: 75 mm
Length - Section: 37 mm
Length – Capped: 165 mm
Length – Uncapped:142 mm
Length – Posted: 190 mm (very odd)
Weight – Overall: 24 g
Max Ink Capacity – 3 ml
Conclusion:
Tangerine is awesome. I have spent two to three hours just looking at it and admire it.The balance,mechanism,engineering all are the same as Nauka, so not repeating that again. Just want to remind you that the group buy of Tangerine is still on, you must not miss it..Here is the link.

fpn_1497003791__c.jpg

Edited by RMN
on request of OP

Sagar Bhowmick

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagarb

• fountainpagan

• KellyMcJ

• visvamitra

Top Posters In This Topic

Sagar, your introduction is very touching. Thank you for sharing your emotions with us.

Like I said, in another post, I really regret not liking demonstrators, because the tangerinelooks really appetizing. Water-mouthering, indeed.

Nice review, and great photos.

Thank you.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Sagar, your introduction is very touching. Thank you for sharing your emotions with us.

Like I said, in another post, I really regret not liking demonstrators, because the tangerinelooks really appetizing. Water-mouthering, indeed.

Nice review, and great photos.

Thank you.

Thank you..so are you going to break the rule this time?? :D

Sagar Bhowmick

That is a STUNNING pen!!!!!

Also, your handwriting is an absolute delight!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much...

Sagar Bhowmick

Hi sugar,

Being an eyedropper, does the pen burp when low on ink?

Eyedropper Nauka never burps..I think it is because of the long section..

Sagar Bhowmick

Thanks Sagarda for another beautiful review of ASA pen... The pictures are very very creative and beautiful... Thanks for mentioning our relationship.. I am thankful to God for all these moments and have equally enjoyed your company and patronage.

Very thoughtful post with wonderful memories and a very lovely pen. Thank you for the introduction to this pen brand.

Posted Image

Thanks Sagarda for another beautiful review of ASA pen... The pictures are very very creative and beautiful... Thanks for mentioning our relationship.. I am thankful to God for all these moments and have equally enjoyed your company and patronage.

Thanks Dada..

Sagar Bhowmick

That's a lovely review, Sagar. The color indeed looks appetising :)

Thanks very much Sannidh, The colour is really tempting..

Very thoughtful post with wonderful memories and a very lovely pen. Thank you for the introduction to this pen brand.

Thank you.

Sagar Bhowmick