|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Coral 74. Beyond Help?
Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:51
The barrel is obviously swollen at the threads. I have a theory...uninformed and inexperienced at best...the metal from the band reacted with the barrel lining and the resulting residue over time swelled the barrel.
Any input would be appreciated. Of course, any resurrection of the pen would require a new clip, but beyond that.. I fear it looks like a parts pen to me.
Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:36
These pens have liners. Ask Syd why they did it.
Not so sure I'd try to save this one directly but rather find a worse off pen with the clip and parts you need and transplant.
Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:11
The liner is corroded so your theory might be right. Is that a silver band on the section?
It also looks as if the open end of the barrel (threaded portion) is partially chipped off.