The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Unknown Eversharp Pencil

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 16:12

I just acquired the pencil below but I haven't been able to determine which model it is. I searched Jonathan Veley's pencil website and the closest I got was Group 26 -- Oxford. Up near the eraser, it says to use Eversharp Square Lead. The color is interesting. It's a deep orange with sparkles and black lines. It is also a twist mechanism. Does anyone have a better idea as to what this is?

Eversharp.Square.1.jpg

Eversharp.Square.2.jpg

Eversharp.Square.3.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 parkergeo

parkergeo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:19

I think you want to look down one more category to the #27 Square Four grouping based on the lead size, clip imprint and the three-knurl nosepiece. There were some very nice color combinations and a lot of slightly different design styles in that family. 

http://leadheadpenci...quare-4-in.html

#3 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 13:54

#27 is a distinct possibility. I was under the impression that "Square-4" pencils were marked as such.

#4 jonveley

jonveley

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 15:05

Hello all, thought I'd pop in with some thoughts about this one. 

Eversharp frequently mixed and matched features from different product lines, and this is an excellent example of the weird kind of stuff they did.  The pencil itself is a version of those seen in the middle of frame 26 - those with colored lower barrels and black upper barrels.  The material in which it is rendered is one that appears on "Square 4" pencils, and the clip it sports is also borrowed from that line.  But note that the "Square 4" pencils are not middle joint pencils, but have one-piece barrels with a nose drive mechanism.  

Nice curiosity. .. this is the sort of thing that keeps me perpetually interested in hunting down variations like this.

#5 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2017 - 18:37

Hello all, thought I'd pop in with some thoughts about this one. 

Thank you for popping in on this. From what you said this pencil is not a Wahl Oxford but rather and Eversharp without any special model designation. The pencil is in good shape and has a fresh load of square lead and a new eraser. It's a nice addition to my meager collection and I always carry an Eversharp pencil in my pocket.

Sponsored Content

|