The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Review: Organic Studio Nitrogen Royal Blue

organic studio nitrogen royal blue

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

catalyst

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 13:54

I am a fan of sheening inks, and this is the king of them. At a very reasonable price I had to try it out, and I am glad I did.

On Rhodia:

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

On Tomoe River A4

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

A lot of the files are too big, so I put together an album:

https://imgur.com/a/73uby

Sponsored Content

#2 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,782 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 14:53

wow

#3 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 15:18

It seems they have reformulated the NItrogen, my bottle doesn't look ANYTHING like this.

The sheen is impressive (similar to Barrier Reef Blue, I might add).. but the jury is out on this company for me.  A bunch of my previous inks either grew something or lost its colour (dye degradation) in less than a year.   I wonder how long will this one last? 

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#4 vermillexlex

vermillexlex

Near Mint

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 15:24

That sheeeen, I so want to try this! but it's so hard to get Organics studio ink in the UK 

#5 catalyst

catalyst

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 15:49

It seems they have reformulated the NItrogen, my bottle doesn't look ANYTHING like this.

The sheen is impressive (similar to Barrier Reef Blue, I might add).. but the jury is out on this company for me.  A bunch of my previous inks either grew something or lost its colour (dye degradation) in less than a year.   I wonder how long will this one last? 

C.

From my estimate I got a newer batch, because it was out of stock just before I got it a week ago, and its now out of stock again on Vaness1938. I am interested to see what happens with this ink as well and will update if anything goes awry. But as it stands now, it is a very well behaved, beautiful shading and brightly sheening ink.

#6 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 16:19

From my estimate I got a newer batch, because it was out of stock just before I got it a week ago, and its now out of stock again on Vaness1938. I am interested to see what happens with this ink as well and will update if anything goes awry. But as it stands now, it is a very well behaved, beautiful shading and brightly sheening ink.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...  ;)

C,.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#7 TSherbs

TSherbs

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• 3,782 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 23:46

sample on the way

if this ink is as nice as it looks in the review, even a bottle won't last long enough with me to go bad. one of the advantages to not owning many bottles of ink: they don't have time to go bad.

#8 catalyst

catalyst

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 14:45

I added Optik Paper from my Black N Red Notebook. This is probably my favorite paper for this and many inks.

IMG_4005 small.jpg

It just glows in comparison to the traditional sheen, like its metallic.

IMG_8066 small.jpeg

IMG_4304.JPG

For High Res:

http://imgur.com/a/waqJi

#9 Alexandra

Alexandra

Inked and Ready

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 17:36

That's a beautiful ink. Does it have any water resistance?

www.lettermatters.com
P.O. Box 196 Kingsburg, CA 93631

#10 catalyst

catalyst

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2017 - 18:11

That's a beautiful ink. Does it have any water resistance?

A damp paper towel will smudge most of it off, so I don't think so. I use noodlers baystate blue for a basic water resistant bright blue, and 54th Massachusetts for serious never going anywhere blue. Of course there are others out there as well.

#11 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,495 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:49

That's a beautiful looking ink.

#12 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• 4,918 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2017 - 19:55

Excellent review. Thank you.

I've been sent a sample of this. Oh man :yikes:  It is a SHEEN MONSTER ! Never seen anything sheen like this bad boy.  :)

#13 catalyst

catalyst

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2017 - 14:44

I got an MD notebook with Midori paper and I got a almost empty Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku bottle from Vanness, who engraved Nitrogen on it at no extra cost. So I thought I'd do another little write up about those things.

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

FullSizeRender-5.jpg

In this write up I use the same Jinhao 159 with a Goblet 1.1mm stub I used previously, but on the opposite page I used the remnants of the old bottle for my cheap dip pen to write with. I write that its my new favorite paper, but not really, I think I still like the white optik paper better. Although the simplicity of the MD notebook is really great. I compare this ink with my other sheeners and nicer inks like before:

- Noodler's Baystate Blue

- Pelikan Royal Blue

- Noodler's Navajo Turquoise

- Noodler's 54th Massachusetts

- J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor

- Sailor Yama-Dori

- Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji

So you can compare the shining, but also if you have any one of those inks you can compare the color differences as our cameras, monitors, etc are all different. This ink does seem to dry enough fairly quickly, but like most saturated FP inks it will smear with a good greasy finger to some degree to a while, or maybe forever. Side Note: I love the Sailor Kiwa-Guro so much that I'm getting Seibuko soon so if someone wants I can compare that also as I heard it sheens pretty nicely.

Z4QDwfI.jpg

Here you can see the parts that pooled a lot bled through a little bit. but the thicker paper vs Tomoe River helped it not go through too badly I think.

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

I, not wanting to waste any of the ink, made some rings with the bottles afterwards. Here you can see that bottle now:

FullSizeRender.jpg

XbK2SQb.jpg

Shout out to Vanness for the free engraving. Sailor bottles are my favorite for functionality, but I love the look of the Iroshizuku bottles. It had a little Shin-Ryoku left and I was able to use my dip pen to play with it a little, and I fell in love with it. Took some shots of that: http://imgur.com/a/jaVmF

Overall still loving this ink!

http://imgur.com/a/Joos2

Edit: spelling

Edited by catalyst, 15 June 2017 - 14:46.

#14 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2017 - 15:31

Shout out to Vanness for the free engraving. 

WOW.. that is COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C. 

**** BauerInks.ca ****

#15 fireant

fireant

The Good Twin

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:59

I got an MD notebook with Midori paper and I got a almost empty Pilot Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku bottle from Vanness, who engraved Nitrogen on it at no extra cost. So I thought I'd do another little write up about those things.

Shout out to Vanness for the free engraving. Sailor bottles are my favorite for functionality, but I love the look of the Iroshizuku bottles. It had a little Shin-Ryoku left and I was able to use my dip pen to play with it a little, and I fell in love with it. Took some shots of that: http://imgur.com/a/jaVmF

OMG - I am doomed. I may have to order some of the empty bottles and beg them to engrave them.

Also, your review forced me to buy some of this ink...for science.

#16 catalyst

catalyst

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:59

OMG - I am doomed. I may have to order some of the empty bottles and beg them to engrave them.

Also, your review forced me to buy some of this ink...for science.

So far as I can tell, that's just a free service they offer. It's on their website under the couple of bottles I looked at. That and the fact that shipping was reasonable for one bottle, was the reason I went with them over other stores that I've done business with before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: organic studio, nitrogen, royal blue

Sponsored Content

|