Sailor Doyou

KellyMcJ

I can now say I understand the love for Sailor inks. This one is fantastic!!! It's unique but understated at the same time. The water resistance is fantastic. This would be a great "everyday" ink, although I'm not sure it would work for business as it's a little too brown (however, this pen is on the drier side and I've seen it come out much darker so as they say, your mileage may vary on that point.)

It does display an astounding amount of nib creep, at least in this particular pen (and I thought Noodler's was bad for that!) This doesn't concern me, at least not with this pen, and I don't mind it one bit. Many inks have creeped in this particular pen though, too, so it may only partially be the ink.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag402/klmcjilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20170605_121300_zpsk6iym7wm.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag402/klmcjilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20170605_121308_zpsg6tbuzij.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag402/klmcjilton/Mobile%20Uploads/20170605_121308_zpsg6tbuzij.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KellyMcJ

• Cyber6

• A Smug Dill

• ksm

My personal experience nib creep has more to do with the pen than with the ink. A cap that does not seal properly will experience nib creep regardless of the ink.

Doyou is a fantastic ink, and is the secret weapon used when you need to remove the stains on a demonstrator. You should keep a backup bottle of this jewel. ;)

C.

Edited by Cyber6

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

My personal experience nib creep has more to do with the pen than with the ink. A cap that does not seal properly will experience nib creep regardless of the ink.

Doyou is a fantastic ink, and is the secret weapon used when you need to remove the stains on a demonstrator. You should keep a backup bottle of this jewel. ;)

C.

For sure I will, because it's a fantastic ink all around. I love the "off black" colors, I'm a real sucker for anything blue black and this is tied with it for first place as an everyday writer!!!

Nice review. I really like Doyou, both in fine nibs and my wet music nibs.

Just be quick about it as new Sailor Jentle set replaces it.

Oh no! If that's the case I may have to get a second bottle.

I can't find anything about this being discontinued online, where is this information coming from? All I can find is that they're bringing back previously discontinued inks.

Unfortunately I do not have online source. Last month during Pen Show Poland I've talked to Polish distributor of Sailor inks and pens.

They said Nioi Sumire, Miruai, Souten, and Doyou are to be phased out.

If true, that's a shame. Doyou is well loved. I'll buy an extra bottle as back up for mine.

Unfortunately I do not have online source. Last month during Pen Show Poland I've talked to Polish distributor of Sailor inks and pens.

Souten and Nioi Sumire also? Very sad to hear this.. :crybaby:

Why would be only three inks phased out from a line consisting of 8 inks? This doesn't make much sense and also this is just one unconfirmed information. So far, I didn't hear any other gossips about Sailor inks being discontinued.

Sailor historically has introduced new colours and removed others from their line. They don't seem to be interested in having a huge line of colours.

I have not heard anything about it (yet!!)... But I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, it fits their pattern.

At least, Sailor does have the decency to announce when they decide to remove colours on their line up. (Yes.. Levenger, I am looking at YOU.... discontinuing Pomegranate without a pip.. :glare:)

C.

I can't find anything about this being discontinued online, where is this information coming from? All I can find is that they're bringing back previously discontinued inks.

Why would be only three inks phased out from a line consisting of 8 inks? This doesn't make much sense and also this is just one unconfirmed information. So far, I didn't hear any other gossips about Sailor inks being discontinued.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Sailor historically has introduced new colours and removed others from their line. They don't seem to be interested in having a huge line of colours.

I have not heard anything about it (yet!!)... But I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, it fits their pattern.

At least, Sailor does have the decency to announce when they decide to remove colours on their line up. (Yes.. Levenger, I am looking at YOU.... discontinuing Pomegranate without a pip.. :glare:)

C.

I Believe that they assured that the re-release of old line of inks will not mean that they will do any changes to the Four Seasons line. I think we would hear something from major retailers such as Anderson Pens that they will discontinue them.

I Believe that they assured that the re-release of old line of inks will not mean that they will do any changes to the Four Seasons line. I think we would hear something from major retailers such as Anderson Pens that they will discontinue them.

Is it plausible that they are being discontinued only in one region? Or perhaps, that seller was mistaken.

The re-release of the current inks (Apricot, Epinard, Grenade..etc) wouldn't count. These are currently only in North America, so it wouldn't be fair for them to remove colours globally because of these ones.

Just saying, they have done it in the past, and it wouldn't surprise me if they do it again in the future. But, there is no need to panic, Sailor has always been good in giving their fans ample time to grab their favourite bottle.

C.

**** BauerInks.ca ****

I recently ordered this ink just for fun, but I didn't that it would be real fun to write with! I love this colour and your test reassures me that there is something something special about it. It is undetermined! Brown? Or grey?

I recently ordered this ink just for fun, but I didn't that it would be real fun to write with! I love this colour and your test reassures me that there is something something special about it. It is undetermined! Brown? Or grey?

I think of it as the brown version of blue-black. :P

Hmmm. I had avoided this one because I thought it would be too dark a brown. Seeing the pix, I may have to rethink that before Doyou goes away.

Thanks for the review. And not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."