The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Midland Pen Show, Lichfield, Uk - June 25Th

pen show uk show

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lancre

lancre

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 21:12

This will be my first pen show!

I hope it will be busy with lots of stalls selling vintage and modern pens, cases, inks and papers. I hope there will be lots of people to chat to and I hope to have a great day.

Lichfield looks a really pretty town and I'll look forward to seeing the cathedral and the Tudor buildings, and having lunch somewhere.

I'm looking to grow my collection (which consists of: a Sheaffer Prelude, chrome with gold trim, with a gold plated nib, with some of the gold worn off, a TWSBI Eco, a Parker Frontier, with lots of scuffs and a nib which refuses to start well, and a Cross Sauvage which has seen heavy use). I'm looking for a really nice Parker Vacumatic, or a Parker 51, or maybe something modern like a Visconti Van Gogh or a Waterman Carene.

Is there a good mix of vintage and modern at the show?

Anyway, hope to see you there :)

If you see a sheepish, youngish, bespectacled, bearded chap in a hoodie looking shifty, that's probably me!

Sponsored Content

#2 david6

david6

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 21:35

The Midland Show is very friendly with lots of vintage and modern pens to look at and buy. Hope you enjoy your first Pen Show - the first of many!

Edited by david6, 04 June 2017 - 21:36.

#3 lancre

lancre

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 23:06

The Midland Show is very friendly with lots of vintage and modern pens to look at and buy. Hope you enjoy your first Pen Show - the first of many!

Thanks! I need to remember to buy a loupe!

#4 AJ50

AJ50

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2017 - 17:03

Thanks! I need to remember to buy a loupe!

That always helps, but the times I forget to take one with me 🤔

#5 Beechwood

Beechwood

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 17:11

You will find all that you are looking for within the show, lots to see and do. A major plus is the social aspect, everyone has the same interest so take some time to have a cup of tea and a biscuit and a chat.

There is a good coffee shop opposite the Guild Hall if you want a break and the town is a delight, quite a good market too.

Hope you enjoy it.

#6 david6

david6

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2017 - 17:28

On my way home from the Midland Pen Show in Lichfield. Spent far too much but picked up a nice Sheaffer Targa and a John Twiss pen - excellent. Also picked up a couple of pens from Bryan at Worcester Pens.

As for Onoto - they have some superb pens and I will be purchasing one (maybe 2) very soon.

Great show - thanks to all involved 👍

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pen show, uk, show

Sponsored Content

|