• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• praxim

• tonydent84

• Wile E.

• MagicRedPencil

I have a Montblanc Soulmakers StarWalker limited edition ceramic and platinum ballpoint with a diamond star. Quite a few other BPs and RPs, but that's my most expensive Ballpoint tipping the scale at just under $1,500. I have a large number of MB and GvFC BPs and RPs at around $1,000 each. But that diamond MB takes the cake in my collection of fountain pen alternatives.

Edited by 888007888

I just won a bid a ebay for a Waterman Expert II Prussian Green RB for $30.00. It was a great deal considering they go for about $200 brand new. For a BP, my Waterman Hemi in marble green is my fanciest.

Years ago bought a MB silver ball point genuine at a pawn shop for $100. Replacement cost today well over a thousand.

I have a Waterman 0521 mechanical pencil, essentially unused, from 1928 and a similarly gold-filled Wahl-Eversharp mechanical pencil from the same year, heavily used but also an heirloom. The latter was of course free to me. The former came as part of a set with an 0552 fountain pen, also unused. In the scheme of the purchase I would say I paid around $20 down to nothing for the pencil (the seller thought it broken, not knowing how to use it). I have not noticed one priced on the market. The well worn Wahl-Eversharp would be in the tens of dollars.

I have vintage Aurora, Parker and more recent Waterman ballpoints but am unable to consider a ballpoint valuable.

X

My price wise highest end non-fountain writer is probably my Yard-O-Led Diplomat Barley Ballpen:

http://www.yard-o-led.co.uk/m/567ad2bfcf631/thumb/spec/690_141_scale/940702_DIP_BLY_B_PEN@2x.jpg

I sumgai-ed it off Fleabay for a reasonable price. I think they currently list at about $350 US, which isn't terribly reasonable IMO. Esthetics wise my highest end non-fountain writers are my Parker 51 Flighter pencil and Parker 61 and 75 Flighter ball point pens.

Nihonto Chicken

fpn_1346684723__duofold_pencil.jpg

Parker Duofold.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Pelikan R800 rollerball and matching 800 ballpoint and pencil. Forget how much I paid tho. It's been a while

Pelikan k600. It doesn't see as much use as I thought, but that doesn't have anything to do with the poor pen.

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)

S.T. Dupont Orient Express Neo Classic Fountain Pen.

It was an impulse buy. Had buyers remorse for a few days until it arrived. I knew it was a "keeper" as soon as i inked it.

S.T. Dupont Orient Express Neo Classic Fountain Pen.

It was an impulse buy. Had buyers remorse for a few days until it arrived. I knew it was a "keeper" as soon as i inked it.

I agree with the sentiment except it does not appear to qualify as a "pencil, ballpoint or rollerball". :)

X

For wooden pencils, I would pick either the Cda Swiss Wood, or Viking Element 1.

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

For ballpoints, MB Classique, Le Grand and Starwalker - though I was thinking of recently finding a good condition Cross 150th anniversary gold ballpoint. I was also tempted to throw down a few hundred on the Parker Duofold ballpoint, but not sure if it'll be too top heavy.

For rollerballs: Waterman Expert or Cross Townsend - they cost around the same I think.

For pencils: Pentel Graphgear 1000 or Cross Classic Century (the Satin finish) - I really need a good high end pencil.

For fountain pens: MB 149, and my Pelikan Souveran series but I want to get a high end Pilot in the future (my best Pilot was a Custom 823 which I sold a while back). I used to have the Homo Sapiens by Visconti, but didn't like the balance of the pen when posting, so I sold it.

I no longer own any fountain pens... Now they own me.