The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Just A Generic Or Something Intresting?

unknown

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pablorey

pablorey

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2017 - 19:27

When I read "Jean Pierre"I thought Lepin!

But that is not the case... Is something decent, just o generic Chinese, or an imitation ?

what do you think?

T8NscRs.jpg

aBl6dL5.jpg

dEBS6md.jpg

VSy2Kj5.jpg

xNJarEp.jpg

CiGLQbf.jpg

For a fraction of a second i "saw" a Hilbert curve too... but this is not a mental health forum.. :sick:

Sponsored Content

#2 KellyMcJ

KellyMcJ

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:36

I don't know if its valuable, but it's beautiful! Enjoy it. How does it write?

#3 pablorey

pablorey

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:33

To buy or not to buy, That was the question. No idea. They want $50, that I do not have, it is to much for a solid box with a generic chinese pen.

#4 ISW_Kaputnik

ISW_Kaputnik

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:47

The writing on the nib is a bit blurry, but I'm pretty sure it says "Iridium Point Germany".  An IPG nib doesn't actually prove that it's a cheaply constructed pen, but it doesn't inspire confidence.  Wish the seller luck in getting $50 for this.

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do." - Benjamin Franklin

#5 Mrpink

Mrpink

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 18:59

It should be a "Lepin", made in France. I keep coming across them on ebay. The small ones are about $70Aud which is roughly $50Usd so this one seems about right. Some funky designs on the website but not for me at all. I like the boring looking pens. Don't know if China counterfeits them.

#6 pablorey

pablorey

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 23:17

I do not think is an imitation... y just think is a chinese pen that some trader thought, lets put on them a french name to fool people... well people like me. If I have to guess the were not even aware of the lepin pens...

BTW... that "titanic" series... what did they... WTH? :sick:

Here in Argentina fountain pen=Parker luxury FP= MB, in the middle and as a novelty Cross

the price of a parker is 4x the international price... the new MB starting at approx $1000 ... and cross, well a Beverly on the "regional ebay" beginning at $160 in a store (here in the very south) any Cross... I mean the cheapest ballpoint  starts at $350...

but that is another thread... Value for the money in different countries

I begin this.. and I think is pointless... for the same money not even a cent more :thumbup:

Edited by pablorey, 03 June 2017 - 23:18.

#7 KellyMcJ

KellyMcJ

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 23:40

I do not think is an imitation... y just think is a chinese pen that some trader thought, lets put on them a french name to fool people... well people like me. If I have to guess the were not even aware of the lepin pens...

BTW... that "titanic" series... what did they... WTH? :sick:

Here in Argentina fountain pen=Parker luxury FP= MB, in the middle and as a novelty Cross

the price of a parker is 4x the international price... the new MB starting at approx $1000 ... and cross, well a Beverly on the "regional ebay" beginning at $160 in a store (here in the very south) any Cross... I mean the cheapest ballpoint  starts at $350...

but that is another thread... Value for the money in different countries

I begin this.. and I think is pointless... for the same money not even a cent more :thumbup:

ROFL well those titanic "pens" are certainly um....interesting!

#8 pablorey

pablorey

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2017 - 14:35

ROFL well those titanic "pens" are certainly um....interesting!

Yes, Le Corbusier should be C(crying)OFL... interesting relationship form/function... but this is a style but it easy form me to "see"the idea behind that ballpoints that seem a piece of a weird collar than in the titanic collection...

Anyway a piece of aplumbering toy that writes for just 5400 Euros is fair for me :wallbash:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: unknown

Sponsored Content

|