Closed - Mega Group Buy - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Giant Bamboo, Bamboo, Model 8, Designer, Zeal)

mehandiratta

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• Jamerelbe

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I notice this group buy doesn't have the cheaper nib options available. When will the model 8 group buy be available with the indian nibs?

Atleast Six Months Sir.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All,

Thanks for Marvelous support!!! I have sent payment details mail to all participants.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have not received this email. Can I PM you my email address and order details so you can check and see if there has been a mixup and resend the payment information?

Thank you,

W P

Edited by WirsPlm

Hello,

Unfortunately, I have not received this email. Can I PM you my email address and order details so you can check and see if there has been a mixup and resend the payment information?

Thank you,

W P

Sure Sir. My email id is mpkandan@yahoo.co.in

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Just placed an order for Giant Bamboo with extra fine chrome finish nib in solid bluish green polished ebonite. I didn't see an option for a pocket clip. If it's available, I would prefer to have a clip, but no problem if it's not an option. Thank you.

Second order placed: Designer with dual tone extra fine nib in rose red / mauve ripple matte finish.

Dear All,

Thanks for overwhelming response and support.

The order has exceeded 100. It includes 7 orders that i received through PM.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Forma submmited. Round end Zeal with 1.5 golden nib in 20 Teal Blue Orange Ripple

ps. zeal flat end/rounded end picture seems flipped. 1-5 seem rounded and 6-10 are flat but the descriptions are switched.

@jamerelbe, so you finally gave in? :lol:

blue teal black ripple? it's a nice option in the regular ebonite

I have a 4c in this colour from one of the first group buys...

http://fpn_1497476765__ranga_4c_blue_ripple_008

for this GB I went for the model 8 again (like it too much), me too, without clip!

this time in premium ebonite, and... I ordered two... :D pink blue and green yellow...

(I am waiting since ages for the white/blue, almost glad it was not available :lol: :lol: )

I have a Jowo with special grind (similar to Sailor's Naginata Togi) that needs a good quality pen body. The model 8 appeals to me. Would this group buy with Bock nib work with my Jowo nib?

Baba Booey!

I have a Jowo with special grind (similar to Sailor's Naginata Togi) that needs a good quality pen body. The model 8 appeals to me. Would this group buy with Bock nib work with my Jowo nib?

No Sir. Jowo and Bock are not to each other.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

@sirius1906

as far as I know #6 Jowo and Bock nibs are the same size, only they have different threaded collars.

I have heard before of the possibility to swap the nibs from one collar to the other, although I have not yet tried myself.

They should be friction fit, so you need to pull out the nib and feed from one collar, do the same with the other one and swop them over...

You will have a spare Bock threaded nib that you may not use (for some time, spare nibs always seem to find a nibless pen sooner or later... :) ) it will not cost you too much, just the cost of the added Bock nib.

That if you feel comfortable enough to try the swop.

Then on the other hand you may also purchase a Jowo threaded model 8 directly from Ranga, it will cost you a bit more than from the group buy but not a huge amount more...and since you are sparing the Bock nib it may cost approx the same.

Ranga will actually sell you a nibless pen (I believe) threaded for Jowo if you ask Mr.Kandan.

It should be worthwhile to be able to use the special grind nib!

Check your options... :D

Edited by sansenri

Can I just check that this group buy is open until July 10? Thanks

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Can I just check that this group buy is open until July 10? Thanks

Yes Sir.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Second order placed: Designer with dual tone extra fine nib in rose red / mauve ripple matte finish.

Thank you for participation

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Second order paid:

Model 8 Chrome Color Clip Steel #6 - Dual Tone - Extra Fine Special 2. Forest Green – Black Ripple Matte or Bakul Jack Xiang 3.47E+09 63USD Model 8 Chrome Color Clip Steel #6 - Dual Tone - Extra Fine Special 2. Forest Green – Black Ripple Matte or Bakul Jack Xiang 5206 Haspel Street, Elmhurst, NY 11373 3.47E+09 63USD

Form submitted for a regular bamboo, bakul black, 1.5 stub nib

Thank you for this great group buy!

Payment sent - thanks again.

Edited by purplegrey

Gryphon...if you ever have the opportunity, try the Bock Titanium nib. They sell the size #6 Bock Titanium at Karas Kustoms (for their Ink fountain pen) which should be able to be installed in your new Bamboo Demonstrator (a screw in nib). It's a very sweet nib.

Mary

I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thanks for the info!