Closed - Mega Group Buy - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Giant Bamboo, Bamboo, Model 8, Designer, Zeal)

mehandiratta

Thanks so much but now got all the way to the end of the form and Capcha doesn't work!

Please can I order a bamboo, premium Ebonite green yellow swirl (No 7) with gold tone steel medium nib. Will send payment later - have to get to work now!

Thanks.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• Jamerelbe

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear All,

Shipping Update: We have started the shipping from today. All the paid orders will be shipped in next 10 days on daily basis.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Saw my pen shipped on the 10th. Anxiously awaiting delivery! Saw that one member has received theirs already.

So Excited! :D

So I get home from work today and what is in the mail...my Ranga!! Beautiful to behold. I need to clean it and ink it up.

Much larger than I thought, but if it writes as good as it looks - I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks so much but now got all the way to the end of the form and Capcha doesn't work!

Please can I order a bamboo, premium Ebonite green yellow swirl (No 7) with gold tone steel medium nib. Will send payment later - have to get to work now!

Thanks.

Dear BBS, I have sent a PM

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Dear All FPNer's,

I'm happy to announce this Group Buy has come to an end with extraordinary response.

Around 130+ paid orders were received. 99% of the orders were already shipped.

We will see you in next group buy soon.

Dear Mr.Vaibhav,

You need a special mention here for organizing this Group Buy. Thanks for your efforts and help.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Here it is! Lovely pen.

Gave it a clean and inked it up with Noodler's 54th Mass!

A few quick cell phone images and for size comparison, I put it up next to a TWSBI Diamond 580.

post-127480-0-98532600-1500650609_thumb.jpg

post-127480-0-26523300-1500650618_thumb.jpg

post-127480-0-97956700-1500650626_thumb.jpg

Here it is! Lovely pen.

Gave it a clean and inked it up with Noodler's 54th Mass!

A few quick cell phone images and for size comparison, I put it up next to a TWSBI Diamond 580.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170721_111430.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170721_111525.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170721_111503.jpg

Great Pictures Sir. Thanks. Kindly don't try to post it.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Great Pictures Sir. Thanks. Kindly don't try to post it.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Thanks for the tip. I had thought about it, but given the size, it doesn't need to be posted, so I shall not even entertain the thought further. :D

My Ranga Model 8 arrived today - beautiful colour, beautiful finish! Will try and get a picture in daylight that better captures the blue-black mottling, but this was the best I could do after sunset:

http://i.imgur.com/WZmDKIx.jpg

I now have a small collection of Ranga pens - time to stop here?

http://i.imgur.com/BbdA3AB.jpg

[Five of these were FPN Group Buy pens; the other two (3rd from top and very bottom) came via an online Australian retailer...]

My Ranga Model 8 arrived today - beautiful colour, beautiful finish! Will try and get a picture in daylight that better captures the blue-black mottling, but this was the best I could do after sunset:

http://i.imgur.com/WZmDKIx.jpg

I now have a small collection of Ranga pens - time to stop here?

http://i.imgur.com/BbdA3AB.jpg

[Five of these were FPN Group Buy pens; the other two (3rd from top and very bottom) came via an online Australian retailer...]

Great Display sir. Thanks a lot for your nice words.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Great Display sir. Thanks a lot for your nice words.

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

A pleasure - thank you Sir for your amazing craftsmanship!

Here's a photo of my clipless Model 8 in brighter (day)light:

fpn_1501131193__2017-07-27_143323.jpg

Absolutely love it!

Great Sir

REgards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

Is the group buy ended already? I thought it was valid through Aug 7th...really want that bamboo demonstrator, is there any other way I can purchase?

I saw the photos of the blue/black #8 and was getting buyers remorse thinking I should have ordered the blue/black, but my red/black #8 arrived, and it looks great:

http://efball.com/images/pens/6ebonites.png

From left to right: ASA Nauka, Ranga #8, FPRevolution Himalaya, Airmail Ebo, Click Century, Naaz, Naaz.

http://efball.com/images/pens/3ebonites.png
These 3 are the nice ones. Good nibs and cartridge converters. The ASA Nauka and the Ranga #8 are very impressive. The Naaz pens from ebay are a work in progress, I got the leaking slowed down from a steady drip, to a slow ooze. Whoever designed their feeds should be taken out and flogged.

@frankb3 I sympathise: I really like all my Ranga (and other) ebonite swirl pens, but can never escape the feeling that another option would have been better. I don't really need any more pens, but heaven help me if the rose-red-and-blue swirl or the premium white blue swirl become available again...

Edited to add: Glad that you're happy with your red-black swirl - it looks fantastic!

Edited by Jamerelbe

Is the group buy ended already? I thought it was valid through Aug 7th...really want that bamboo demonstrator, is there any other way I can purchase?

Dear Sir,

This group buy was over on 20th July. We will come up with another group for different models soon.

Please PM me for Bamboo Demonstrator or you can reach me @ mpkandan@yahoo.co.in

Regards,

Kandan.M.P

Ranga Pen Company

I saw the photos of the blue/black #8 and was getting buyers remorse thinking I should have ordered the blue/black, but my red/black #8 arrived, and it looks great:

http://efball.com/images/pens/6ebonites.png

From left to right: ASA Nauka, Ranga #8, FPRevolution Himalaya, Airmail Ebo, Click Century, Naaz, Naaz.

http://efball.com/images/pens/3ebonites.png
These 3 are the nice ones. Good nibs and cartridge converters. The ASA Nauka and the Ranga #8 are very impressive. The Naaz pens from ebay are a work in progress, I got the leaking slowed down from a steady drip, to a slow ooze. Whoever designed their feeds should be taken out and flogged.

Nice Picture

• 4 weeks later...

My Ranga 8s arrived almost a month ago but a few things happened which prevented me from posting photos, including myself leaving on holiday with the family...

the first thing that happened however was this

fpn_1504210537__img_4494-3.jpg

The pens arrived just before I was leaving for holidays. The green yellow pen was so tightly closed that when I tried to open it the barrel unscrewed and the nib and section remained screwed inside the cap...

I tried several times, but no way the section would not uncrew from the cap.

I tried first inserting some soft objects in the section, the converter itself, the point of a pencil, a piece of round rubber, but no way.

When I attemped pliers this is what happened...

I called up Mr. Kandan and explained what had happened. He told me to try to uncrew the section, as the damage was now done anyway, keep nib and converter and send the pen back, he would fix it. I gave up even trying for fear of damaging the rest of the pen, went to post office and sent back the pen to India.

I was a bit mad at myself for managing to break the pen, so I put the pink-blue sister pen in a drawer and left for holidays trying not to think about it...

When I came back last week, I received a message from Mr. Kandan telling me the pen had "safely" arrived, and he would take care of it.

This made me feel better and pick up the other Ranga 8 from the drawer.

fpn_1504213757__p1130887-3.jpg

I only managed to take a few pictures in artificial light so the colours are a bit off, the pen is really more pink-bluish, while in my pictures it looks slightly brownish

the ebonite swirl patters are however very pretty

fpn_1504214046__p1130890-3.jpg

fpn_1504214148__p1130892-3.jpg

I will try to take better pictures later on

As for now I will be testing the Bock nib, and patiently waiting for further news from Mr. Kandan (which I thank you very much for the assistance) hoping the green yellow pen can be rescued!

My Ranga 8s arrived almost a month ago but a few things happened which prevented me from posting photos, including myself leaving on holiday with the family...

the first thing that happened however was this

fpn_1504210537__img_4494-3.jpg

The pens arrived just before I was leaving for holidays. The green yellow pen was so tightly closed that when I tried to open it the barrel unscrewed and the nib and section remained screwed inside the cap...

I tried several times, but no way the section would not uncrew from the cap.

I tried first inserting some soft objects in the section, the converter itself, the point of a pencil, a piece of round rubber, but no way.

When I attemped pliers this is what happened...

I called up Mr. Kandan and explained what had happened. He told me to try to uncrew the section, as the damage was now done anyway, keep nib and converter and send the pen back, he would fix it. I gave up even trying for fear of damaging the rest of the pen, went to post office and sent back the pen to India.

I was a bit mad at myself for managing to break the pen, so I put the pink-blue sister pen in a drawer and left for holidays trying not to think about it...

When I came back last week, I received a message from Mr. Kandan telling me the pen had "safely" arrived, and he would take care of it.

This made me feel better and pick up the other Ranga 8 from the drawer.

fpn_1504213757__p1130887-3.jpg

I only managed to take a few pictures in artificial light so the colours are a bit off, the pen is really more pink-bluish, while in my pictures it looks slightly brownish

the ebonite swirl patters are however very pretty

fpn_1504214046__p1130890-3.jpg

fpn_1504214148__p1130892-3.jpg

I will try to take better pictures later on

As for now I will be testing the Bock nib, and patiently waiting for further news from Mr. Kandan (which I thank you very much for the assistance) hoping the green yellow pen can be rescued!