Closed - Mega Group Buy - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Giant Bamboo, Bamboo, Model 8, Designer, Zeal)

mehandiratta

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• Jamerelbe

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any chance I can get the grip (section) diameters for these models?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Form submitted

I'm so excited about my first Ranga (Bakul black Model 8), my first group buy and my first post on FPN :)

What would be the approximate arrival time for an order placed now (shipped within India)? And till when will the group buy go on?

I only ask because I might go for more pens after getting the first one.

Form submitted.

#8, clipless,

Steel #6 - Gold Mono Tone - Fine

12. Rose Red - Black Ripple

Polished

No vent hole in the cap please.

Cheers

Hi

I know it's not listed as an option but I love the torpedo shape of the Model 8 and because I collect demonstrator pens I wondered if it would be possible to order it as an acrylic demonstrator ideally with polished finials but without would also be good.

Thanks

Al

Form submitted

For a model 8, clipless, premium ebonite green yellow swirl, polished, gold tone M nib

Thanks

Form Submitted

I've always wanted a Giant Bamboo demonstrator - this seems like the perfect opportunity.

Got the one with the matte/bakul outside, polished finials and a broad nib. Excited! :D

Thank you for coordinating this effort!!

Gryphon 1911...that's the Demonstrator I have and It's, by far, the best pen I've ever had. Not a lick of trouble since I've had it. Beautiful quality and awesome writer. I have the JOWO Broad (awesome)...but your Bock Nib should be even better.

Yes this is 3 in 1 mechanism.. you can use it as eyedropper, with converter or cartridge

Thank you! This makes it so much easier to order!

I have submitted forms for one regular Bamboo demo and one Model 8 in Rose Red-Mustard.

Any chance I can get the grip (section) diameters for these models?

Actually all the details are given in link after the name of each pen which takes you to previous group buy and it has all the dimensions

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Form submitted

I'm so excited about my first Ranga (Bakul black Model 8), my first group buy and my first post on FPN :)

What would be the approximate arrival time for an order placed now (shipped within India)? And till when will the group buy go on?

I only ask because I might go for more pens after getting the first one.

Usually the pen is shipped within 4 to 5 weeks within India after payment..

And the group buy will be active till 7th July

vaibhav mehandiratta

Form submitted.

#8, clipless,

Steel #6 - Gold Mono Tone - Fine

12. Rose Red - Black Ripple

Polished

No vent hole in the cap please.

Cheers

Noted

vaibhav mehandiratta

Hi

I know it's not listed as an option but I love the torpedo shape of the Model 8 and because I collect demonstrator pens I wondered if it would be possible to order it as an acrylic demonstrator ideally with polished finials but without would also be good.

Thanks

Al

Will get back to you on this later

vaibhav mehandiratta

In the Bamboo's link, it states

Regular Size - Barrel has 16 mm dia & Length is 5.75 inches when capped
Giant Size - Barrel has 17 mm to 18.75 mm (depends on ebonite rod colour) dia & Length is 7 inches when capped

Neither describes the grip diameter. The Designer has similar info.

In the model 8's link, it states

• Length Capped - 146 mm approx
  • Cap Dia - 14 mm
  • Barrel Dia - 12.5 mm
  • Hourglass shape Grip Section

No mention of the grip/section width. The Zeal is described as

The dimension is 5.75 inches length. the dia is 16 mm

I assume that 16mm is the diameter at the body's widest, not at the grip.

Oscar Wilde

I told myself I wasn't going to do it - I tried to convince myself I have enough pens already :unsure: , but...

I have a few spare Bock nib assemblies, that simply aren't getting used - and I like the look of the Model 8 pen (though not so much the clip) :rolleyes: . So I've ordered one, without nib and without clip, in the teal-and-black 'special' ebonite.

In the Bamboo's link, it states

Neither describes the grip diameter. The Designer has similar info.

In the model 8's link, it states

No mention of the grip/section width. The Zeal is described as

I assume that 16mm is the diameter at the body's widest, not at the grip.

I will share the complete dimensons..

vaibhav mehandiratta

Thank you! This makes it so much easier to order!

I have submitted forms for one regular Bamboo demo and one Model 8 in Rose Red-Mustard.

Thank you for your order

vaibhav mehandiratta

I told myself I wasn't going to do it - I tried to convince myself I have enough pens already :unsure: , but...

I have a few spare Bock nib assemblies, that simply aren't getting used - and I like the look of the Model 8 pen (though not so much the clip) :rolleyes: . So I've ordered one, without nib and without clip, in the teal-and-black 'special' ebonite.

ha ha ha...

u succumbed ...

vaibhav mehandiratta

ha ha ha...

u succumbed ...

Yep - and I hold you (partly) responsible, @mehandiratta. You've cost me a pretty penny with all these group buys! ;)

I will share the complete dimensons..

Thank you.

Oscar Wilde