Closed - Mega Group Buy - Ranga Pens With Bock Nibs ( 5 Models : Giant Bamboo, Bamboo, Model 8, Designer, Zeal)

mehandiratta

fpn_1496214265__bock_group_buy_pens.jpg

Hi Fellow FP Addicts

Welcome to Mega Group-Buy of Ranga Pens

This is an effort for Ranga Handmade Pens with Bock Nibs. For those who missed out on earlier group buys this is the right opportunity to buy various models from the past Groupbuy with the Bock nibs.

MODELS:

Different Models are available for this Group-Buy. The option of various models are as follows:​

1. Giant Bamboo ( Previous Group-Buy Link: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/310267-ranga-bamboo-regular-giant-size-group-buy-2016/ )

2. Bamboo ( Previous Group-Buy Link: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/310267-ranga-bamboo-regular-giant-size-group-buy-2016/ )

3. Model 8 ( Previous Group-Buy Link: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/307833-group-buy-ranga-model-8-regular-ebonite-premium-ebonite/ )

4. Designer ( Previous Group-Buy Link: ​https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/312796-ranga-designer-pens-rare-unique-group-buy/ )

5. Zeal ( Previous Group-Buy Link: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/303582-ranga-zeal-group-buy-international/ )

NIBS:

For the first time, MP Kandan is providing us the Bock Nibs in CC Mechanism for this Group-Buy. So for this group buy only Bock nibs will be available and the option for the nibs are as follows:

1. #6 Steel Nib – Gold Monotone Finish: EF, F, M, B, 1.1, 1.5

2. #6 Steel Nib – Chrome Monotone Finish: EF, F, M, B, 1.1, 1.5

3. #6 Steel Nib – Dual Tone Finish: EF, F, M, B

4. #6 Gold 18K Nib – F, B (@ extra US$ 185)

5. Without Nib But Pen threaded to take Bock Nib (@ less US$ 14)

MATERIAL & COLORS:

Like the previous Group-Buys, both ebonite and acrylic are available in this group-buy. The various finishes available are as follows:

• Regular Ebonite: RE Series (Polished or Matte Finish)
    1. ​​Solid Black
    2. Brown Ripple
    3. Olive Ripple
    4. Green Ripple
    5. Mottled Brown
    6. Mottled Olive Brown

• Special Ebonite: SE Series (Has Black Specks) (Polished or Matte Finish)
    1. ​​Solid Forest Green
    2. Forest Green – Black Ripple
    3. Forest Green – Honey Ripple
    4. Forest Green – Khaki Ripple
    5. Forest Green – Mustard Yellow Ripple
    6. Forest Green – Teal Blue Ripple
    7. Teal Blue – Black Ripple
    8. Teal Blue – Khaki Ripple
    9. Mustard Yellow – Black Ripple
    10. Khaki – Black Ripple
    11. Solid Cherry Red
    12. Rose Red – Black Ripple
    13. Rose Red – Mauve Ripple
    14. Rose Red – Blue Ripple (Not Available)
    15. Rose Red – Forest Green Ripple
    16. Rose Red – Bottle Green Ripple (Not Available)
    17. Rose Red – Mustard Yellow Ripple
    18. Brick Red – Khaki Ripple
    19. Brick Red – Black Ripple
    20. Teal Blue – Orange Ripple
    21. Solid Bluish Green (Only for Giant Bamboo)
    22. Solid Crimson Red (Only for Giant Bamboo)
    23. Solid Olive Green
fpn_1473147762__img_20160829_075236.jpg
fpn_1473150354__img_20160829_075438.jpg
fpn_1496227496__21_to_23.jpg
  • Premium Ebonite: PE Series (Polished or Matte Finish)
    1. ​​Solid Blue
    2. Black Yellow Swirl (Not Available)
    3. Blue Pink Swirl
    4. Solid Pale Green
    5. White Blue Swirl (Not Available)
    6. Pale Pink Black Swirl (Not Available)
    7. Green Yellow Swirl
    8. Solid Pink
    9. Blue Green Orange Swirl (Not Available)
    10. Solid Orange
fpn_1462188083__new_premium_ebonite.jpg
  • Clear Acrylic Demonstrator:
    1. ​​Brushed Clear Acrylic – Complete
    2. Brushed Clear Acrylic with Polished finial
OMxysfC.jpg
PRICE:

I have convinced MP Kandan not to increase the prices and he has agreed to the same. Thus the cost of the pen is at par with the earlier Group-Buys. And payment is accepted only via Paypal.

The price is as follows:

1. Giant Bamboo
    • Regular / Special Ebonite: US $90
    • Premium Ebonite: US $110
    • Acrylic Demonstrator: US $100
  2. Bamboo
    • Regular / Special Ebonite: US $80
    • Premium Ebonite: US $90
    • Acrylic Demonstrator: US $85
  3. Model 8
    • ​​Regular / Special Ebonite: US $63
    • Premium Ebonite: US $77
  4. Designer​
    • Regular / Special Ebonite: US $85
    • Premium Ebonite : US $95
    • Acrylic Demonstrator : US $90
  5. Zeal​ (Flat End or rounded End)
    • Regular / Special Ebonite: US $61
    • Premium Ebonite : US $73

Shipping:

Shipping period will be 5 to 6 weeks after payment via Registered Shipping.

For Shipping within India kindly PM me

In order to participate in the group buy just fill the Google Form (Link Below) and Reply in the thread with "Form Submitted or just repost the choices in thread

LINK: https://goo.gl/forms/KthJCJju1hfkcsDq1

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mehandiratta

• mpkandan

• Jamerelbe

• sansenri

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks a lot Mr.Vaibhav Sir for Initiating this Group Buy and propelling us to offer new options.

Dear All,

Most of our Customer's and Fountain pen user's were asking us to make our RANGA PENS with world number
One German Brand nib Bock . The time has come now and the dreams come true after a long wait. We are launching our Ranga Handmade Pens with German Bock Screw in Nibs (Type 250 # 6 size Nibs) .
This is the first of the Nib Combination from Indian Handmade Pen manufacturers.
Though Bock nibs doesn't need any introduction, It is just a Summary. It was founded in Germany by Mr.Peter Bock in 1939 and still going very strong with his generations
running the company now. Their nibs are simply superb and of topnotch quality. they supply nibs for many top brand Pen companies.
Here is an Article and summary about How Bock Leads the Nib Industry in the world with this quality
(Thanks to Mr. Daniel)
We are initially launching this group buy with 5 Beautiful and Elegant Ranga Models ( Bamboo, Giant Bamboo, Model 8, Designer , Zeal)
Expecting your support as always!!!
Regards,
Kandan.M.P
Ranga Pen Company

Hi @mehandiratta and @mpkandan, thanks for initiating yet another Group Buy - I've only just received my Model 4 yesterday, so am not sure if I'm up for another pen right now, but... a couple of questions that may help me (and others) make a decision:

(1) What is the price difference if we order a pen without the Bock nib assembly (you offer this option in the Google order form, and I have a few spare Bock nib units already)?

(2) What is the *additional* cost for those who want to order a Gold 18K nib instead of steel?

(3) Why, oh why isn't the blue-white swirl available any more? [it's OK, there are other colours I like too - but this combination looks pretty special!]

Hi @mehandiratta and @mpkandan, thanks for initiating yet another Group Buy - I've only just received my Model 4 yesterday, so am not sure if I'm up for another pen right now, but... a couple of questions that may help me (and others) make a decision:

(1) What is the price difference if we order a pen without the Bock nib assembly (you offer this option in the Google order form, and I have a few spare Bock nib units already)?

(2) What is the *additional* cost for those who want to order a Gold 18K nib instead of steel?

(3) Why, oh why isn't the blue-white swirl available any more? [it's OK, there are other colours I like too - but this combination looks pretty special!]

I also rcvd my model 4 today..

The pen sans the Nib threaded to take Bock nib will cost US$14 less and 18k gold nib set you back by US$ 185

vaibhav mehandiratta

I also rcvd my model 4 today..

The pen sans the Nib threaded to take Bock nib will cost US$14 less and 18k gold nib set you back by US$ 185

Thanks @mehandiratta - good to know! Will give myself some time to reflect on this - I already have a regular Bamboo pen, and the only other option on offer that appeals to me (without the clip) is the Model 8.

I was about to order a Bamboo but on the google forms it didn't list the solid cherry red. Is that an omission on the forms or on the listing of available colors above?

Thanks.

I was about to order a Bamboo but on the google forms it didn't list the solid cherry red. Is that an omission on the forms or on the listing of available colors above?

Thanks.

Thank you for highlighting the error ...

I have corrected the same ... Now it is in the form...

vaibhav mehandiratta

Form Submitted

I've always wanted a Giant Bamboo demonstrator - this seems like the perfect opportunity.

Got the one with the matte/bakul outside, polished finials and a broad nib. Excited! :D

Thank you for coordinating this effort!!

Edited by gryphon1911

Thank you, Vaibhav!

I have submitted my order for a bamboo in cherry red, bakul finish with polished finials and a bold 2-toned nib.

I love my 4 and 4C but have always admired the lines of the bamboo.

Thank you also for coordinating such a colossal group buy and to Ranga Pens for making such beautiful pens available at a great price!

Two order form submitted.

I was about to order a model 8 but on the google forms it didn't list the solid cherry red,so I write in 「other」

post-135228-0-13870200-1496268847_thumb.png

Two order form submitted.

I was about to order a model 8 but on the google forms it didn't list the solid cherry red,so I write in 「other」

Kindly choose the crimson red.. It is near cherry red.. Cherry red is out of stock now..

vaibhav mehandiratta

Looking at the previous buy descriptions, they do not all say 3-in-1 filling mechanisms. I'm assuming they are all made the same, so would not all the models be 3-in-1?

Kindly choose the crimson red.. It is near cherry red.. Cherry red is out of stock now..

Please change the PE series Blue Pink Swirl. thanks sir.

Looking at the previous buy descriptions, they do not all say 3-in-1 filling mechanisms. I'm assuming they are all made the same, so would not all the models be 3-in-1?

Yes this is 3 in 1 mechanism.. you can use it as eyedropper, with converter or cartridge

vaibhav mehandiratta

Please change the PE series Blue Pink Swirl. thanks sir.

okay I will

vaibhav mehandiratta

Any idea when the out-of-stock premium ebonites will become available ?

Approx 3 months

vaibhav mehandiratta

Great news!! I am submitting the forms for an order of 1 Zeal and 1 Model 8 both with C/C Bock Nibs. Thank you for arranging the group buy.

Edit: Just added another order form for a Bamboo Demonstrator - so 3 pens / orders in total. Thank you.

Edited by brandoncahall