The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Help A Noobie!

montblanc meisterstuck 4810 fountain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hoil262

hoil262

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2017 - 19:00

Hello everyone. I was given a Montblanc pen from my dad to sell. I know next to nothing about it. It's at least 15 years old, because that's when my dad got it from a relatives estate. No box or paperwork.

It hasn't been used in at least 10 years. There's an ink cartridge (?) in it, but doesn't seem to write. 

I've attached a bunch of photos.

My questions are...

1) What exactly do I have?

1) Should I get it working before I list it? How would I do that?

2) Where/how do you recommend I sell it and for how much?

Thanks everyone!

IMG_3724.JPG

IMG_3725.JPG

IMG_3726.JPG

IMG_3727.JPG

IMG_3728.JPG

IMG_3729.JPG

IMG_3730.JPG

IMG_3731.JPG

Attached Images

• IMG_3723.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2017 - 22:21

MB 144 cartridge & converter filler  :unsure:

#3 hoil262

hoil262

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:37

Thanks for the response. I'll look into it.

Ballpark on the value?

#4 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2017 - 06:51

Yes, looks like a 144. Check eBay for sold pen prices.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#5 Old Salt

Old Salt

Old Salt

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2017 - 18:21

It's a 144 use to be called classique but has been replaced today by the 145 classic which is a little bit longer, a screw on cap, and no section ring to become corroded.
You have a nice looking pen there. Not a lot wear and tear on it. They are a smaller pen that are great writers. Not a big market for them they can bring $150 To $325 but not much more. The key is the gold section ring just behind the nib. Many of the 144's out there show significant erosion of that ring. Can't see the ring on your pen, but if it is in good shape, I'd buy a converter for it, clean it up and you should be able to get into the higher price range.
eBay is a place to sell, Amazon as well, when you get to gold member here you can list it in the classifieds here.....well, that's all I can think of. Hope this helps.
Keep asking as you go along..it's cool...good luck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montblanc, meisterstuck, 4810, fountain

Sponsored Content

|