Pelikan M6Xx Series Collection

daenghafez

I'll join the chorus in praising this collection and the M600 pens in general. They're just right for my hand and I love the variety of colors, especially in the Cities series. Congratulations on completing your collection!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daenghafez

• sirgilbert357

• dannyboy

• BillH

*raises hand* And a gal. Although hunt may be too strong a word - "idle lookout" may be more accurate.

Wonderful collection, Daeng. Thank you for sharing the pictures of it. Do you have plans for starting another collection, or will you be that rare variety of collector and rest content? :)

Thanks.😀 There are a few other collections which are almost completed for example OOTT M101 & M101N and the M7xx (old styles). It may take time due to the scarcity of the one final pen.

I'll join the chorus in praising this collection and the M600 pens in general. They're just right for my hand and I love the variety of colors, especially in the Cities series. Congratulations on completing your collection!

Thanks. Agree that the M620 pens series were in reachable price previously. It is now skyrocketting even for a New York or Piccadilly.

Thanks guys for your kind comments.

The below photos are some matching K6xx pens that I have for your view. I know for certain that Bill will be most pleased with these pairing photos. 😬

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_5400_zpsveu8laac.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_5401_zpspnkpdycc.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_5399_zpsnysyshtb.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m188/kewlfly/IMG_5403_zpspgy0xnbv.jpg

Break my heart. :wub: You've one upped yourself Daeng, which after the original set of pictures I did not think possible. But sets! Absolutely stunning. Thank you.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Oh, that Ruby set is killing me! What a stunner! Now for a dumb question: is the Burgundy 600 smaller than the others or is that an optical illusion?

The old style M600s (which the burgundy one is) are smaller than the new style M600s, yes.

Thanks, Lemony Cricket! I have a Burgundy set and knew it wasn't a 400, but in placing it with my current 600s I immediately saw it was a bit shorter. So you've solved a problem for me.

I am just awe struck at your collection. It's stunning.

How long did it take for you to assemble your collection?

Thanks for dehydrating me from drooling over the pictures. That's an absolutely stunning collection. You clearly derived much enjoyment from "the chase," so I hope you have even more after possessing such a great array!

I am just awe struck at your collection. It's stunning.

How long did it take for you to assemble your collection?

I think it was more than 10 years, including second time collection of the M620s. The pace was getting quicker since the last 2 years with the acquisition of the M600 tortoise set, some hard-to-get cities and M630 pens.

Thanks for dehydrating me from drooling over the pictures. That's an absolutely stunning collection. You clearly derived much enjoyment from "the chase," so I hope you have even more after possessing such a great array!

Thanks, yup really enjoy 'the chase'. ;)

The M600 is the sweet spot for me, though I will admit I have no interest in owning one of every issue, but seeing yours is a delight. It is perhaps my bias but I feel like this line does not get the love from Hanover which it deserves.

I keep thinking that an M600 in Tortoise has to be a pen which will be released in the near future. I was quite surprised (and disappointed) when they came out with another M400 in tortoise recently. I guess I just wasn't whining loudly enough.

I keep thinking that an M600 in Tortoise has to be a pen which will be released in the near future. I was quite surprised (and disappointed) when they came out with another M400 in tortoise recently.

That makes two of us. But to be honest I was underwhelmed when I saw the M400 tortoise next to my sorta-vintage Levenger special edition tortoise. The Levenger had more depth and character to the tortoise pattern. So I just hope that if / when they do an M600 edition, they don't use the exact same tortoise material they did with the M400...its still beautiful, but I think Pelikan can do better.