Stolen Mb Meisterstuck 149 And Need Help And Options How To Go About Replacing It

DocMulkey

Hey,

Long story short my MB Meistersrtuck was stole right out of one of my patient rooms. I never never leave my pen unattended not since the day my parents gave it to for graduateing medical school, and the one time there was an emergency and I had to rush off and of the two thing this person could have stole I wish they would have stolen my prescription pad instead of my pen. At least that is replaceable my pen and my dad who passed are not . So any suggestions on where and where not to look for a replacement?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DocMulkey

• AL01

• oPENbooks

• Parker51

Top Posters In This Topic

Any sort of insurance? Seriously. Insurance can cover for stuff like that. I am sorry to hear your loss though....

Thanks sir! Yea I have insurance but it's going to be like pulling teeth to get them to pay. Plus what I value the pen at and what there going to,is prolly going to,insult me so we shall,see

The pen may turn up on eBay. Do you have the serial number from the clip? You could post it here on the off chance that someone who reads this thread in the future may have it and is sufficiently honest to try to return it.

All the paper work is In my dad bank lockbox in GA so I'm in the process of getting it but if you if you see a MB Meisterstruck 149 that is engraved: "Dr. Nathanial J. Mulkey M.D. F.A.C.S," I'll pay the person who finds it it was my one and only pen, my daily writer, I've never practiced a day medicine with out that pen I even have special prescription pads so there's not possiblety of bleeding through. So as y'all can understand I'm terriblely of of place and awkward feeling at work. I've already had 2 pharmacist call and question my writing and I had to explain my pen is gone so deal lol

All the paper work is In my dad bank lockbox in GA so I'm in the process of getting it but if you if you see a MB Meisterstruck 149 that is engraved: "Dr. Nathanial J. Mulkey M.D. F.A.C.S," I'll pay the person who finds it it was my one and only pen, my daily writer, I've never practiced a day medicine with out that pen I even have special prescription pads so there's not possiblety of bleeding through. So as y'all can understand I'm terriblely of of place and awkward feeling at work. I've already had 2 pharmacist call and question my writing and I had to explain my pen is gone so deal lol

That one will be easy to spot! I really hope someone finds it. It's obviously of great sentimental value to you.

Yes it is very very much, I haven't even told mother yet because I know it would break her heart just for the fact that dad's passed now and from what I've herald through my family he drug her around for weeks looking for the right one for me and man did he ever hit the nail on the head when he picked that one up. And I know that I'm not supposed to me mean on the website but I would like to say to the person who stole it " your pathetic, inconsiderate, and selfless, and with out form or character, but you know where my office and if you see this post and just bring it back to me undamaged, I will forgive and not say a cross word to you and then you can be off" I know that prolly will get deleted but I hope not

Thanks y'all

I suggest you check the Pawn Shops in your area. Some will accept Montblanc Pens. Even if they didn't accept it, someone may have tried to sell it to them and they might have a name or description to share with the Police. And definitely complete a Police Report with every law enforcement agency in your area so that if they bust a theft ring, or a fence, they will get the pen back to you rather than it sitting in a property room and then being sold at auction. Police typically do not search out the owners of stolen property beyond what they have reports of having been stolen.

And last, but not least, do you recall having any patients with a lot of stuff. I am talking about the kind who come to an appointment with perhaps a purse, and or a carry bag, and or an umbrella and a coat, irrespective of the weather. I have found that type of person often picks up everything they find that is loose. They actually aren't theives, but rather collectors of the debri of life. The also pick up stray magazines, books, pamphlets on all manner of illness, etc., even if it's not something they are diagnosed with. If there is free coffee, they will have a cup, take any free sample, etc.

If you have such a patient, they may have picked up the pen, and not recognizing it is a valuable item that if found should be returned to the person who lost it, and they simply pocketed it like every other loose pen they find. I have never had such a person keep a ballpoint of mine that I had temporarily loaned them to sign a form, but I have had them try to keep it. Fortunately once I pointed out it was my pen, and a value to me, they apologized and promptly gave it back.

Edited by Parker51

In replacing it I'd go for something different, otherwise you would always think that it's not quite as good. Maybe a Special Edition? Or the WE from the year you graduated?

Thanks sir! Yea I have insurance but it's going to be like pulling teeth to get them to pay. Plus what I value the pen at and what there going to,is prolly going to,insult me so we shall,see

PULL ALL OF THEIR TEETH OUT!!! AND THE GUMS TOOO! :D

I wish you luck. I hope you can find your 149. And yes, there is a good chance you may just find it in a pawn shop. I have seen a 149 in one before...

Over processing this these past few days and reading everyone's kind and uplifting words I believe I'm going to have a custom fountain pen made with just some attributes from the original 149 but a new pen altogether one that encompasses the wonderful memories of the past and can endure the further ones to to be made. Now any suggestions on who would fit the bill for that job

Over processing this these past few days and reading everyone's kind and uplifting words I believe I'm going to have a custom fountain pen made with just some attributes from the original 149 but a new pen altogether one that encompasses the wonderful memories of the past and can endure the further ones to to be made. Now any suggestions on who would fit the bill for that job

How much do you want to spend and how long do you want to wait?

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I've gained a true loathing for thieves. If this were a different culture they would lose the filthy paw that did the snatching. Blasted uncultured swine. And a sentimental pen too...

Deepest regards.

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

DocMulkey, I truly feel your pain. I have never used anything but fountain pens in my practice as well, but because of the risk of theft, I tend to choose them on the basis of functionality. So although I own a large number of valuable pens, both in terms of monetary and sentimental worth, I don't use them in my examining rooms while seeing patients. After much experimentation, I have returned to my old favorite, an Extra Fine Waterman L'Etalon, which I currently have inked with the new Monteverde Blue-Black. It does attract minor attention from the patients because it is a fountain pen, but no one has ever asked to borrow it or examine it.

I tend to agree with Parker51 that your pen probably was taken by one of those human vacuum cleaners that indiscriminately takes everything that isn't nailed down. We see them in my office as well.

I hope and pray that you will recover your pen. I assume you have notified everyone in your office, including the cleaning crew, to be on the lookout for it. It may even be worth sending out an email to all your patients, detailing how much the pen means to you and offering a reward for its return. You never know. I dropped a valuable pair of eyeglasses at the service station yesterday afternoon while filling my car. I went back to look for them and the attendant said nothing had been turned in, but she asked me to leave my name and number just in case. Less than an hour later, she called to say the glasses had been found. I wish you the same good fortune.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I've gained a true loathing for thieves. If this were a different culture they would lose the filthy paw that did the snatching. Blasted uncultured swine. And a sentimental pen too...

Deepest regards.

Use every man after his desert, and who shall 'scape whipping? Use them after your own honor and dignity. The less they deserve, the more merit is in your bounty.

(Hamlet to Polonius)

Edited by meiers

I like your idea... But are you SURE that you will never find it? I have lost my beloved Prelude over a few weekends, only to find it in the coaches office. Ya neva' know whea' you gonna' find it.

(A Nakaya, perhaps?)

Edited by AL01