The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Orange Zest Robert Oster

oster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nikaa

Nikaa

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:51

86eafbcc2781.jpg

ORANGE ZEST Robert Oster Singature Ink

My first review here ;)

I really like Robert's inks. I like them in particular for a wide palette of colors, good price and good qualities. Robert is also a very nice guy   ;)

13939a4fd5bb.jpg   a080b15f60a4.jpg

Bottle is plastic, quite modest but I like her design. Its capacity is 50ml.

f7d9221acd41.jpg   eceb0796dd1e.jpg
Rhodia dotpad

The color is well saturated, with a hint of red. It works perfectly in thin lines as well as in wider. Here I use it in nibs: Sailor H-M and Bexley's stub. Shading present in a broader line. Without shining. ;)
Properties good. The drying time is about 12 seconds od Rhodia dotpad, on other papers shorter. Good flow.
Some Oster's inks are a little dry, but Orange zest not.
Ink works well in fountain pens, I had the opportunity to use it for a long time. It's safe.

Here's a sample on various papers.

8c7249c52dd6.jpg
On Clairefontaine with Noodlers Apache.

b22b25e5d22d.jpg
Filofax notebook.

d6c1785534f0.jpg   5854cbbbb1c6.jpg
Oxford notebook in hard cover.

I like Orange Zest. I can recommend it. Oster has many other interesting oranges. Below the sample. The card has a few months already, so you can see if the color loses its intensity over time.

e123ae326364.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Donor Pen

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2017 - 15:43

Thanks for the review and especially the final comparison shot!  I think I prefer the regular orange to the zest, and I would never have known without your picture.  :)

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2017 - 19:02

Oh, wow great comparison. Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oster

Sponsored Content

|