The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pelikan Hub In Syracuse Ny?

pelikan hub

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mamajones

mamajones

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 21:48

Short version: I was wondering if there was any interest in a Pelikan hub in Syracuse NY? If so, please contact me and/or sign up at the Pelikan Hub website: https://www.pelikan....7./pelikan-hubs

Long version: I live in upstate NY halfway between Albany and Binghamton and am a newb to fountain pen collecting/buying/gathering, but not to hobby meet-ups. I have been a Pelikan devotee since the late 1980s, so I would love to go to one of these new-fangled "hubs" (get off my lawn!). After reading the information helpfully provided by sargetalon at his "Pelikan's Perch" and looking at the Pelikan Hub information provided by Pelikan itself, I realized that Syracuse is the only place that could hold a hub (must be city over 100,000) that is less than a 3 hour drive for me. (I did sign up for Rochester, but that's practically as far as NYC for me!)

There seems to be a pen group near-ish to Syracuse (Waterville was their last meeting place), so maybe they are already working on it. But if not, would there be interest in a Syracuse Pelikan Hub? The Hubs will be Friday, September 22, at 6:30 pm local time.

My understanding (please correct me if wrong) is that a Hub is a free gathering of Pelikan enthusiasts. There will be information and small gifts for participants from Pelikan. Of course, the Hub may be held in a bar or restaurant, so there may be some optional costs.

It should be organized by a local "Hub-Meister," but if no one is willing to do so, I am willing to apply to be the un-local "Hub-Meister" or to assist the Hub-Meister as needed. (About 10 years ago, I organized some multi-day large hobby meetings in various cities, so I have some experience with similar events.)

Finally, I would be happy to donate a bottle of some special ink as a "door prize" / incentive to participate in the Hub. (I was thinking of a bottle of the gorgeous special edition ink "Lake Michigan Summer" made by Papier Plume for the 2017 Chicago Pen Show, which I attended.)

Please contact me if you need more information or go to the official site (linked above) to register. I would also suggest you visit "The Pelikan's Perch" website for a clear explanation of the Hubs. (And for all your Pelikan informational needs!)

The deadline for registration is July 17th. 5 registrants are needed for Pelikan to consider opening a Hub, so let's see if it can be done!

Lisa

(Disclaimer: I am not officially affiliated with Pelikan or with The Pelikan's Perch!)

Edited by mamajones, 23 May 2017 - 21:50.

Sponsored Content

#2 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:48

GO FOR IT !!!

Distance/travel time is a reasonable reason for a new hub.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan hub

Sponsored Content

|