The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

A Conid On Its Way

conid bulkfiller fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Athas

Athas

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 21:14

Is there any further news on this? :)

I was informed by email that the CAISO models will not be back until April next year, so I guess they got delayed.

Sponsored Content

#42 Scylax

Scylax

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2017 - 23:30

I was informed by email that the CAISO models will not be back until April next year, so I guess they got delayed.

Thank you. That's not what I wanted to hear but of course these things happen. I'll intensify my search for a used one, but everyone seems to love their Conid's too much to sell :) Normally I wouldn't mind waiting but I suffered some nerve damage last year that's making holding narrow pens a literal pain, so I feel like a Kingsize would be perfect, but my experience of the TWSBI Vac which drove me nuts tells me I really want a CAISO :D

#43 sketchstack

sketchstack

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 00:17

Thank you. That's not what I wanted to hear but of course these things happen. I'll intensify my search for a used one, but everyone seems to love their Conid's too much to sell :) Normally I wouldn't mind waiting but I suffered some nerve damage last year that's making holding narrow pens a literal pain, so I feel like a Kingsize would be perfect, but my experience of the TWSBI Vac which drove me nuts tells me I really want a CAISO :D

I'm sorry to hear that you have health-related discomfort.

If you're shopping for a Kingsize, you may find this information helpful: 

CAISO Kingsize demonstrator with titanium section and blind cap: ~40g empty

Ebonite Kingsize: ~29g empty

*According to my kitchen food scale and corroborated by the Conid website

If lower pen weight alleviates discomfort, you may ask Conid if they'll build you an ebonite CAISO. Of course there is a small internal mechanism on the CAISO so that may add a gram or two on the ebonite --but still lighter than the titanium demonstrator. 

Just food for thought ...and I concur that the CAISO system is pretty nice!

Edited by sketchstack, 20 November 2017 - 00:17.

I like to write or make short videos about my fountain pens such as the Conid Bulkfiller or Pilot Urushi 845 BB:

SketchStack.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, bulkfiller, fountain, pen

Sponsored Content

|