• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• htownJD

• mongrelnomad

• Algester

• Aquinata

https://www.pen-house.net/detail/detail36910_004.html

Available in F,FM,M nib

What makes this unique clear blue with glittered body and rose gold furnishing it seems to follow a Pro Gear standard setup

That's lovely. I have this pen's dark blue 1911 sibling - it is a fantastic pen.

If I can work out how to order one on rakuten, I think I may have to get one of these too...

Too many pens; too little writing.

That's lovely. I have this pen's dark blue 1911 sibling - it is a fantastic pen.

If I can work out how to order one on rakuten, I think I may have to get one of these too...

It's listed on their Global Rakuten page. Debating if I should click buy, already have their previous Profit Realos.

side note, I enjoy the Engrish banner with 'Maid in Japan'. :lol:

It's listed on their Global Rakuten page. Debating if I should click buy, already have their previous Profit Realos.

side note, I enjoy the Engrish banner with 'Maid in Japan'. :lol:

Raised a giggle over here too...

Dammit... Just got an email from Rakuten with a 2,500 yen discount code. This is becoming very difficult to resist.

All right, I'll admit it.

Every time I see this thread title go past, I'm reading "Penthouse X ..." and going "Whaaaattt??"

Unfortunately, it is a little above my price bracket at the moment.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Looks kinda of like Rose Gold?

Yes, it's listed as ピンクゴールド(Pink Gold)

considering the shop still gets Tenkugensou shipments and is not labeled in Sailor's website as limited they will get these pens as long as Sailor can make them think of it like Morita's robin egg progear models

Thanks for posting this Algester. My advice for those that might be on "the fence" for this pen, I can tell you that once sold out, they may take awhile to return. At least that was the case with another one that Algester posted about which sold out a couple of times. The fact that it is a Realo and a special aquamarine color makes this very special.

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought this pen for my fiancee. Will report back on how it is when it comes. It was about 365 USD with shipping and customs (2800 yen extra on top of the pen price). I got it through the global rakuten.

Edited by htownJD

That's really beautiful. The glitter makes me feel all nostalgic (90s kid here, glitter was everywhere.)

That's really beautiful. The glitter makes me feel all nostalgic (90s kid here, glitter was everywhere.)

Ha. Fiancee is a 90s kid too. Maybe it had to do with her choosing it.

On a side note, the nib is made by Pent (not sailor), which there's not much information out there on them. As far as my research can tell, Pent nibs come from Onishi Seisakusho and they are affiliated with Pen House (or their exclusive dealer). Somehow Onishi is the successor to Kato Seisakusho. As far as I can tell, they source their nibs from Schmidt and then customize them. No one seems to have complaints about their nibs and if it's through Pen House (I'm guessing they're like the Goulet of Japan, as far as I can tell) and associated with a Sailor body, I imagine they must be of good quality.

Edit: It seems as if maybe this nib is done in conjunction with Sailor. The top image says:

Pent Logo Set on a 21 Carat Original Pen Tip

The Pent Original nib is 24 carat gold and utilizes a Sailor nib.

With its characteristic touch and softness, we promise you'll have clear handwriting and a pleasant writing experience.

36910_j.jpg

Edited by htownJD

Ha. Fiancee is a 90s kid too. Maybe it had to do with her choosing it.

On a side note, the nib is made by Pent (not sailor), which there's not much information out there on them. As far as my research can tell, Pent nibs come from Onishi Seisakusho and they are affiliated with Pen House (or their exclusive dealer). Somehow Onishi is the successor to Kato Seisakusho. As far as I can tell, they source their nibs from Schmidt and then customize them. No one seems to have complaints about their nibs and if it's through Pen House (I'm guessing they're like the Goulet of Japan, as far as I can tell) and associated with a Sailor body, I imagine they must be of good quality.

Edit: It seems as if maybe this nib is done in conjunction with Sailor. The top image says:

Pent Logo Set on a 21 Carat Original Pen Tip

The Pent Original nib is 24 carat gold and utilizes a Sailor nib.

With its characteristic touch and softness, we promise you'll have clear handwriting and a pleasant writing experience.

36910_j.jpg

Sailor also does OEM personalization work as well just might you know, nib is made by Sailor after all its their pen and then laser etched by customer specification sometimes they are stamped but that depends on the decision of the customer in question

Algester, thanks for the info. I can't wait to try the nib out myself. I will try to take some closer pictures when it arrives.

Edited by htownJD

I have noticed that the nib on my Penhouse Realo (dark blue 1911) is noticeably softer and springier than any other Sailor nib I own - and I own about a dozen. Really adds to what is already an exceptional pen...

For those wondering what delivery looks like, it took only 7 days (ordered June 7, arrived in Boston June 14). Unfortunately, I was not home to claim the package. Picking it up at the post office tomorrow.

Does anyone know where Penhouse pens are sold in Japan? Do they have their own stores, or are they available through the usual suspects (Itoya, Maruzen, Bungubox etc)?