The next meeting of Pan Pacific Pen Club - June 23

markh

The next meeting of Pan Pacific Pen Club will be on

SATURDAY, June 23, 11:00am to 2:00pm at the

the Pleasanton Tennis and Community Park

5801 Valley Avenue, Pleasanton

Directions:

From 580: Exit Hopyard Road towards Pleasanton. Drive 2 miles. Turn right onto Valley Avenue. Turn right onto Paseo Santa Cruz.

From 680: Exit Bernal Avenue. Drive east ¼ mile. Turn left onto Valley Avenue. Drive 1.1 miles and turn left onto Paseo Santa Cruz.

We will have a speaker at the meeting:

Here is a note from club President Andy Abbott:

Don't miss the next PPPC meeting June 23 in Pleasanton, as we've got a real treat- I'm pleased to announce that Joyce Levy, a long-time Montblanc collector and past PPPC President, and Cindy Lawler, Manager of the Montblanc Boutique, Valley Fair in San Jose will be giving a special talk: "Montblanc: Past and Present". It promises to be an informative look at this storied bellwether of the pen industry.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Andy

Map here:

http://www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us/pdf/new-amend-map.pdf

"Bad spelling, like bad grammar, is an offense against society."

- - Good Form Letter Writing, by Arthur Wentworth Eaton, B.A. (Harvard);  © 1890

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andy

• markh

• Melnicki

The PPPC welcomes all pen collectors from the Bay Area, Northern California, Nevada- you name it (might I also add we have an Australian member)! FPs, BPs, MPs, RBs, Stylos, dip pens (and anything I might have missed)- chances are you're going to find someone else into what you're into at a PPPC meeting... :)

If you happen to be in NorCal on the 23rd, we'd love to see you (we've had a few people plan Bay Area trips around this meeting). As usual, the meeting will consist of a gaggle of pen-nuts (ranging from the mildly disturbed to the seriously deranged) getting together to talk shop, give and seek advice and information, show off collections, generally hang out, and, oh yeah, do quite a bit of buying, selling, and trading of writing instruments and ephemera, new and old.

In fact, outside of an organized pen show, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find more pens to ogle in one spot than at a PPPC meeting.

I'm very much looking forward to the talk from Joyce Levy and Cindy Lawler- it should be a very interesting learning experience (even for those few folks not fond of the snowflake :o ).

If you've been curious about the PPPC, make the drive to Pleasanton and check us out. If you've been sitting around thinking you're the only person in Northern California into something as "out there" as pens, have we got a surprise for you! You're not alone. ;)

Hope to see you in Pleasanton on the 23rd!

Andy Abbott

PPPC President

(Anyone who needs more convincing that coming out to the meeting would be well worth your time and effort, feel free to contact me for more highly partisan though entirely sincere cheerleading about the PPPC... :) )

Edited by Andy

"We certainly hope you all enjoy the show. And remember,

people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live,

thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all

the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. Everybody."

-Elwood Blues, "The Blues Brothers"

Pleasanton, as in (mechanical voice) "Dublin/Pleasanton Train, now boarding, Platform 2"!!! I know that phrase all too well! (Though I never take that train).

So, now, crucial information -- directions from the BART station? (I can bring my bicycle).

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

Don't know how I missed this- sorry for the delay in my reply!

The most direct route from the BART Station to the meeting:

Exit the BART Station and hang a right onto Owens Drive (this is on the South side of the station- you will be heading west (back the way you came).

The first MAJOR intesection you get to will be Hopyard Road- turn left. Follow Hopyard to Valley Avenue- turn right on Valley. Your first right is Paseo Santa Cruz- take it. The Pleasanton Tennis & Community Park will be the first thing you come to on your right. My guess is the one-way trip will be about 2.5 miles.

Hope to see you there!

Andy

(Here's a map snippet- Google Maps disagrees with my directions- both will work, though- NOTE- To get to Hacienda Drive, you will need to go LEFT on Owens for a few blocks and make a RIGHT onto Hacienda.)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/ttobbaa/misc/maptomeeting.jpg

Pleasanton, as in (mechanical voice) "Dublin/Pleasanton Train, now boarding, Platform 2"!!! I know that phrase all too well! (Though I never take that train).

So, now, crucial information -- directions from the BART station? (I can bring my bicycle).

"We certainly hope you all enjoy the show. And remember,

people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live,

thrive and survive, there're still some things that makes us all

the same. You. Me. Them. Everybody. Everybody."

-Elwood Blues, "The Blues Brothers"