The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Lamy 2000 On Slippery Paper

lamy2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Budsk

Budsk

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:38

Hi there,
I've been using fountain pens for about 5 years now. I have use Waterman, Pilot and Lamy Al Star. Recently I get a Lamy 2000, and I like it so much. My only issue with this pen is that sometime it's skip if I write in a slippery paper. I understand that Lamy 2000 has that sweet spot thing, but even if I write in it's sweet spot it's still skip from time to time. Never have this issue with my other pens. Any thought?

Thanks

Sponsored Content

#2 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:29

First, welcome to this group!  Have you tried using a "wetter" ink?  Maybe you could tell us a bit about what paper and ink combinations you have already tried?

#3 ParkerDuofold

ParkerDuofold

Jersey Boy

• Remembered Fondly
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:05

Hi Bud and welcome. :)

Does the skipping start right away, from the top of the page... or develop as you work your way down? Perhaps your using inks that are more sensitive to finger/hand oils... and this would be aggrevated more by the glossier paper stock and the 2K's ultra-smooth nib.

If this is the case, try putting another sheet of paper or plastic under your writing hand and always make sure you always hold the paper in place from one of the outside margins where you won't be writing.

- Anthony
With thanks to my Mom & Dad; who taught me to run free, but not run wild.

Please pray the Rosary daily. Thank You, St. Jude, for favors granted. :)

Grab life with both arms and give it a bear hug every day! :D

#4 Budsk

Budsk

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 23:50

Thanks for the response and the welcome.

I have tried using ink from Parker, Montblanc, Visconti, Faber Castell and Lamy and they all have that issue. The Faber Castell (Hazelnut Brown) I think perform best.

As for the paper, the slippery one that I referred to is mostly products from Kokuyo and Maruman.

The skipping can happen right away at the beginning of a page but rarely. I will try to use another sheet of paper to cover my hand and see what happen.

Thanks!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy2000

Sponsored Content

|