Brown Color Pens

tgoto

The only brown pens I own are a Stipula Gladiator in Tortoise and a Delta Seawood Wenghè (borrowed pictures)

Stipula-Gladiator-F-llhalter-Schwarz-Gol

delta_sea_wood_sm-6.jpg

Wow...those are gorgeous pens...

That tortoise is very special and the wood/resin combination is fantastic!

So jealous...lol

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tgoto

• Barkingpig

• FOUR X FOUR

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

waterman liaison in brown woodgrain ebonite. beautiful, big pen.

It is beautiful. It looks different that the nib section is very short, which makes the pen's overall proportion really nice. I quickly searched on auction site and there aren't many...none brand new. Is this a rare pen to find?

Haven't seen it mentioned, Pilot 91 Yama Guri, which presumably matches Iroshizuki Yama Guri ink. There's also a Waterman Expert in brown. The one I own is Faber Castell Ambition in pearwood, it's a reddish brown with chrome accents.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Haven't seen it mentioned, Pilot 91 Yama Guri, which presumably matches Iroshizuki Yama Guri ink. There's also a Waterman Expert in brown. The one I own is Faber Castell Ambition in pearwood, it's a reddish brown with chrome accents.

I haven't seen 91 in Yama Guri color...great idea to match their own ink :)

The Ambition you own is such a clean and beautiful pen!! :)

lol

I love micarta material :)

Me too. I also like the smell. Maybe it's because it brings me back to my childhood. My stepdad made knives and the handles were always made of .Micarta.

A German company called "Online" manufactures some nice pens made of wood, one of which on rotation right now, it's called the "Rose'n Pearls" a wonderful writer with an 18K #4 size nib. They also sell another model called the "Timeless wood" which looks fantastic although I have not managed to get my mitts on one.

Depending on whether you like Lt Brown or Dark, Omas Milord in the Arte Italiana line has Dark Ebony or Olive. Both stunningly beautiful and write like a dream

Happy hunting

Me too. I also like the smell. Maybe it's because it brings me back to my childhood. My stepdad made knives and the handles were always made of .Micarta.

That's a cool story. :)

I love the material on my guitar's fretboard. Perfect texture for it.

A German company called "Online" manufactures some nice pens made of wood, one of which on rotation right now, it's called the "Rose'n Pearls" a wonderful writer with an 18K #4 size nib. They also sell another model called the "Timeless wood" which looks fantastic although I have not managed to get my mitts on one.

Depending on whether you like Lt Brown or Dark, Omas Milord in the Arte Italiana line has Dark Ebony or Olive. Both stunningly beautiful and write like a dream

Happy hunting

I just went to Online's website.

I really love their design. The timeless pens are amazing!

Thank you for letting me know :)

I love OMAS too, the price range these days is a bit too steep for me... :P

I will consider Timeless if they are shipping to US.

I am also considering Franklin Christoph's solid ice pen and put Diamine Sepia...this will create brown pen too :)

Edited by tgoto

There's always the M200 Café Cream, which can still be had fairly reasonable.

+1. Overall my favorite pen. Not a purely brown pen though - the cap is a very dark brown with the barrel a cream color.

The only purely brown pen I have is a 1938 Sheaffers Statesman vac fill. Quite a nice pen, also on the smaller side.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

There's the Cleo Skribent Ebonite in red-brown. Cleo Skribent are a German company, not well known in the US. Papier-Plume sell them I think. Their pens are very good quality, with a reputation for excellent nibs.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I am a sucker....SUCKER for brown fountain pens! And brown is not my favorite color, green is. But when it comes to fountain pens brown seems to carry the day.

A few of mine:

Marlan Aureus

34018683265_cede46b565_z.jpg

Nakaya Heki-Tamanuri

32170099171_9c9405e02f_z.jpg

Platinum Burl

31423807220_83d42e661c.jpg

Pelikan 1950s Tortoise

31554756331_023508b269_z.jpg

Faber Perfect Pencil

25546141780_f4804cee09_z.jpg

Omas Ogiva Arco Bronze

18686354380_09b03b6de1_z.jpg

Omas Dama Arco Bronze

6084473666_aaf87b5ec7_z.jpg

Visconti Divina Desert Springs

34710914392_c7598a047f_z.jpg

Pelikan 450 Souveran Green Tortoise (But has lovely browns also.)

22894528201_a0b67102e5_z.jpg

Edited by Bisquitlips

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

+1. Overall my favorite pen. Not a purely brown pen though - the cap is a very dark brown with the barrel a cream color.

The only purely brown pen I have is a 1938 Sheaffers Statesman vac fill. Quite a nice pen, also on the smaller side.

Pelikan is one of the pens I have yet to get...Cafe is reasonable too:)

Sheaffer is another I am trying get.

Waiting to see when the pen comes up on market.

I am a sucker....SUCKER for brown fountain pens! And brown is not my favorite color, green is. But when it comes to fountain pens brown seems to carry the day.

A few of mine:

Marlan Aureus

34018683265_cede46b565_z.jpg

Nakaya Heki-Tamanuri

32170099171_9c9405e02f_z.jpg

Platinum Burl

31423807220_83d42e661c.jpg

Pelikan 1950s Tortoise

31554756331_023508b269_z.jpg

Faber Perfect Pencil

25546141780_f4804cee09_z.jpg

Omas Ogiva Arco Bronze

18686354380_09b03b6de1_z.jpg

Omas Dama Arco Bronze

6084473666_aaf87b5ec7_z.jpg

Visconti Divina Desert Springs

34710914392_c7598a047f_z.jpg

Pelikan 450 Souveran Green Tortoise (But has lovely browns also.)

22894528201_a0b67102e5_z.jpg

These are very nice pens!

Urushi and wood pens are so beautiful.

Thank you for the images too :)

These are very nice pens!

Urushi and wood pens are so beautiful.

Thank you for the images too :)

You're welcome! Thanks for the thread!

I love your Stipula Gladiator. I had the red one and sold it, but will be on the snoop for the one you have!

"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  - Selwyn Duke    

I have several. The special edition Lamy Al-Star Coffee, a dark brown Kaweco Sport that was only available in Europe, a Levenger True Writer in Java that is still for sale. The Monteverde Mountains of the World Kilimanjaro has some brown. I have a vintage brown Esterbrook.

I want a Karas Kustoms in brown, but in the Bolt as I have a green Fountain K on order.

Posted Image

I have several. The special edition Lamy Al-Star Coffee, a dark brown Kaweco Sport that was only available in Europe, a Levenger True Writer in Java that is still for sale. The Monteverde Mountains of the World Kilimanjaro has some brown. I have a vintage brown Esterbrook.

I want a Karas Kustoms in brown, but in the Bolt as I have a green Fountain K on order.

They are all nice! I haven't tried Kaweco...maybe it's about time for me to get one. Does it take international converter?

Karas is another interesting one...I wonder if they are really heavy...

I like metal pens too but not heavy ones...:)

I also have the aforementioned Brown Kaweco Sport, I think it was called Espresso Brown; I purchased mine from CULT PENS, UK, which advertised it I thought as exclusive to their site. It is a beautiful dark brown pen, which I use as an eyedropper, filled with Rohrer & Klinger, Documentis Brown. I use the converter, which is merely a tiny little thing, sold only by Kaweco & is a far cry from capacity of International converters. I keep maybe 8 Kaweco Sports filled, so the ink capacity with the converter is irrelevant to me, since they are not for extended writing.

You should surely have a Kaweco Sport, but probably purchased for use as a "Pocket Pen," since i think that is it's intended use, because of it's size. I have a KARAS "Ink," & it is a heavy pen. I like it a lot , but you should definitely check it's weight, against other pens before considering it, if weight is important to you. I am not crazy about my Stainless Steel Lamy 2000, because of it's weight & the two pens are similar. However the traditional construction of the Karas pen makes up for the weight, compared to the SS Lamy's sweet spot of the nib, combined with it's slippery section, when I use it. Reaching for the Karas, the weight never deters me because it is such a pleasure to use. I think it may be best designed as an "Everyday Carry Pen," because I am not sure it could be harmed. (I believe Brian Goulet threw one across his parking lot & found it unharmed!)

I would encourage you to seek one of the TWSBI Micartas for a lovely example of a "Brown Pen," which although discontinued, surely come up for sale somewhere. It is such a pleasant material, both in color & texture, with the bonus of adapting other nibs for the pen. My favored pen color is the Brown "Family," which for me includes, tortoise, amber, orange, etc, but for a "purely BROWN pen, I couldn't improve on the TWSBI Micarta.

Edited by Barkingpig

I also have the aforementioned Brown Kaweco Sport, I think it was called Espresso Brown; I purchased mine from CULT PENS, UK, which advertised it I thought as exclusive to their site. It is a beautiful dark brown pen, which I use as an eyedropper, filled with Rohrer & Klinger, Documentis Brown. I use the converter, which is merely a tiny little thing, sold only by Kaweco & is a far cry from capacity of International converters. I keep maybe 8 Kaweco Sports filled, so the ink capacity with the converter is irrelevant to me, since they are not for extended writing.

You should surely have a Kaweco Sport, but probably purchased for use as a "Pocket Pen," since i think that is it's intended use, because of it's size. I have a KARAS "Ink," & it is a heavy pen. I like it a lot , but you should definitely check it's weight, against other pens before considering it, if weight is important to you. I am not crazy about my Stainless Steel Lamy 2000, because of it's weight & the two pens are similar. However the traditional construction of the Karas pen makes up for the weight, compared to the SS Lamy's sweet spot of the nib, combined with it's slippery section, when I use it. Reaching for the Karas, the weight never deters me because it is such a pleasure to use. I think it may be best designed as an "Everyday Carry Pen," because I am not sure it could be harmed. (I believe Brian Goulet threw one across his parking lot & found it unharmed!)

I would encourage you to seek one of the TWSBI Micartas for a lovely example of a "Brown Pen," which although discontinued, surely come up for sale somewhere. It is such a pleasant material, both in color & texture, with the bonus of adapting other nibs for the pen. My favored pen color is the Brown "Family," which for me includes, tortoise, amber, orange, etc, but for a "purely BROWN pen, I couldn't improve on the TWSBI Micarta.

Thank you for the info! I will definitely look into kaweco sports as eyedropper and TWSBI :)

I love brown family colors too.

Tortoise and amber are my favorite materials for pens!

Here are some more entries. Grifos pens, which are on the affordable side of the spectrum

Stilografica_Cor_526f9d613abcb.jpg

Stilo_Corno_Bufa_4cdefb6d59499.jpg

NMF512-AR-GX13-Olive.jpg

Stilografica_in__4e8bffb2b24ba.jpgGF513-AD-GX07%20senza%20logo.jpg

Most of these are made out of wood or natural horn