The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Visconti - My Pen System .... Bumfuzzeled Strangeness!

visconti mps my pen system van gogh italian ceaser would be furious

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Lee Ogden

Stephen Lee Ogden

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 19:45

I've got the itch to customize my Van Gogh Shoes FP and bought an Onyx jewel. Logo MPS comes right off, no problem. New jewel goes right on ... wait .... problem.

In the middle of the magnet is a raised polymer dot that seems to go through the magnet. Since the new onyx magnet is smooth / flat on the bottom (the logo medallion is convex) it will not rest flush with the cap inset and can easily fall off / be removed with my fingers without a magnet tool.

Looking for assistance here. Should I drill a small recess to accommodate? Should I razor off the dot?

Couldn't find anyone with the same problem. Thanks FPN!

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3068.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2017 - 15:25

Hey Stephen, I just curious. Have you been able to get that squared away. I like and own several Visconti pens. However, I don't own the my pen system.

#3 FriendAmos

FriendAmos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 16:37

superglue?

#4 888007888

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2017 - 17:50

I would drill into the jewel. The jewel is easy to replace if something goes wrong. I wouldn't touch the top of the pen with a razor. The pen is more expensive to replace. Additionally, the jewel may actually hold on more securely with a slight drill into the center of it. Please report back to us as I too have been thinking about buying the jewel for my Visconti pens

#5 digitaldoofus

digitaldoofus

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 June 2019 - 20:56

Anyone aware of 'variations' in what is available for My Pen System initials?  Some pictures/videos seem to show shiny background with etched silver initials, some show gray background with raised black initials...and still others seem to show thin and insubstantial initials that look like they could be stick-on instead of metal.  Where can I get QUALITY initials that will match the shininess of my Homo Sapiens silver trim? (sterling silver model)

#6 gerigo

gerigo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2019 - 14:45

You are missing an intermediary piece that is prone to dropping off. My dropped off and I had to send it back for a vacation to Italy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, mps, my pen system, van gogh, italian, ceaser would be furious

Sponsored Content

|