The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Kung Te-Cheng Pen Pairing

noodlers ktc eternal ink ink pen pairing pairing kung te-cheng

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 antichresis

antichresis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:05

18645058_1975161746039072_19777013230463

I'm a fan of Noodler's Kung Te-Cheng. Great colour as it is or diluted and great performance on cheap paper. Gosh darn permanent too. I am, however, not blind to its mischievous character. I posted here before asking if anyone's tried it on a TWSBI. I ended up passing because I was (am still) thinking of selling the pen further down the road.

I've used it on some pens with no problems. The nib dries up if you don't use it for a week, but a 10 second rinse under a tap and it's good to go. There are, of course, some pens where it doesn't work. It kept clogging my Metro and I unimaginatively used it on a 78G. Ink turned to sludge. :yikes: :lol: What pens do you use with KTC?

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Sponsored Content

#2 KKay

KKay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 19:23

I've never tried that ink.  It does look like a good pairing with that pen though!

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,080 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:34

I've used it my 580 on and off for a long time.  It does not, however, work in any pen with a sac.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Participate in the newest Inky TODs: 

Why do I like those nibs? 

What do I like about my handwriting? 

Whose handwriting do I like?  

Which Script Will I learn? 

Which Inks for my Handwriting

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal

#4 justaninker

justaninker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:55

It has performed reliably in my preppy. I haven't dared putting it in any other pen.

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2017 - 18:45

I pretty much use it only in a Noodler's resin Konrad.  I tried it one time in the ebonite Konrad but still had the pen get cloggy after a while.  (Usually it's fine for one fill, but refilling it gets the bad behavior).

I really need to find a way to dilute the ink without changing the color -- because I have yet to find an ink that gives me that intense dark indigo blue with purple undertones that is quintessentially KTC.... And diluting the ink with water just makes it more purple. :(  I don't need another purple ink (okay I do, but the whole point of KTC is that it ISN'T mostly purple... AND still has the incredible permanence).  

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 displacermoose

displacermoose

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:03

My go to KTC pen is a Sailor Sapporo. I add two drops of FormaFlo to a 5 ml vial. That helps the performance a lot.

Yet another Sarah.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, ktc, eternal, ink, ink pen pairing, pairing, kung te-cheng

Sponsored Content

|