The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Montegrappa Passione Nib Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jpy11363

jpy11363

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 23:02

Hi,

New to the forums and this is my first post although I've been following these forums for a while and find them very helpful. I have a brand new Montegrappa Passione with medium 18K nib. I use Montegrappa cartridges with the pen. However, no matter what I do the pen will not write. I've switched between 3 different cartridges and have flushed the pen 3 times letting it dry overnight. I've let the pen sit upside down for a few hours as well as dipped the nib to try to prime the feed but it still will not write. When I prime the nib it rights a little, then stops and then nothing. However, when I flush the pen a lot of ink is flushed out. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue might do or what else to try? I also have a Montegrappa Ducale Grande with Medium nib and a Montegrappa Desiderio with Medium nib and both worked perfectly out of the box with no issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Content

#2 vermillexlex

vermillexlex

Near Mint

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 23:56

How about sending it back to the seller? I mean, it's definitely the QC problem and your new pen shouldn't be like this.

#3 Mastiff

Mastiff

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:32

Yea, I'd send it back as well. No point mucking around with a pen that won't write. Where did you buy it from?

www.instagram.com/fpmastiff

#4 jpy11363

jpy11363

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:03

I was hoping to avoid sending it back but you're both right. Thanks for the help. I got it from an authorized dealer here in the US. I'll wait to see how the issue is resolved before naming the seller. They're going to take a look and see what's wrong and hopefully it gets resolved quickly. I was just totally surprised as I've gotten a lot of fountain pens and this is the first time I've ever encountered an issue like this which wasn't resolved with a good flushing of the nib.

#5 Mastiff

Mastiff

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:07

I was hoping to avoid sending it back but you're both right. Thanks for the help. I got it from an authorized dealer here in the US. I'll wait to see how the issue is resolved before naming the seller. They're going to take a look and see what's wrong and hopefully it gets resolved quickly. I was just totally surprised as I've gotten a lot of fountain pens and this is the first time I've ever encountered an issue like this which wasn't resolved with a good flushing of the nib.

The reason why I asked was to see whether you got it from an AD or other sources without warranty. It is not name and shame at all becuase it is not the AD's fault that the pen won't write, it is the manufacturer's fault really. I'm sure that the AD will take care of it for you.

Edited by Mastiff, 20 May 2017 - 02:08.

www.instagram.com/fpmastiff

Sponsored Content

|