The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Hello, First Time On The Site, Newish To Fp

hello new

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 FPFun

FPFun

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2017 - 21:55

Hello,

My name is Rick. I have been using Fountain Pens for almost 2 years.  My use of them came from an illness I suffered in February of 2015 causing nerve damage to my body and hands that causes pain when trying to put pressure through my fingers.  Because of that pain, using a ballpoint was next to impossible, and lets face it, Fountain Pens are way cooler than rollerball!  

I have heard a lot about this site from Reddit and YouTube, but have never been here to see whats up.  Not even to lurk.  I figured if I was going to check it out, I would dive right into the community.  

So here I am,

Rick

Sponsored Content

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,155 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 00:43

Welcome home.  Pull up a stump and set a spell.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

#3 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,744 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 00:49

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego. I'm glad you are here!

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#4 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,293 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:21

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#5 Miaxina

Miaxina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:14

Welcome to FPN! :)

#6 penman1914

penman1914

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:14

Hello,
     My name is Rick. I have been using Fountain Pens for almost 2 years.  My use of them came from an illness I suffered in February of 2015 causing nerve damage to my body and hands that causes pain when trying to put pressure through my fingers.  Because of that pain, using a ballpoint was next to impossible, and lets face it, Fountain Pens are way cooler than rollerball!  

I have heard a lot about this site from Reddit and YouTube, but have never been here to see whats up.  Not even to lurk.  I figured if I was going to check it out, I would dive right into the community.  

So here I am,
Rick

Welcome! This is THE place to indulge in the hobby.

Edited by penman1914, 19 May 2017 - 09:15.

#7 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:21

Hi there,

welcome here, enjoy your stay.

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#8 Henricum_Tropen

Henricum_Tropen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33

Hello Rick and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

#9 Herrjaeger

Herrjaeger

Carrau

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:48

Welcome aboard, from Charleston, SC.
Mike

#10 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 15:48

Welcome, Rick !  

Sorry to learn of your misfortune.  However, your solving of the nerve injury problem makes you highly valuable to FPN.  There are others, who may benefit from your experience.  I hope you will stay with us and be available to help.  Please forgive my "prying".  I wish to "probe" for information, that others might be helped.  

Do I speculate correctly that you are more comfortable with a larger diameter fountain pen ?   How about heft ?  Is a heavier pen better than a lighter pen ?   Did you try different pens ?  Which fountain pen have you been using ?   

Edited by Sasha Royale, 19 May 2017 - 15:48.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#11 Wahl

Wahl

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 18:17

Hi Rick   :W2FPN:

#12 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• 11,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 18:19

Greetings and welcome to FPN.
Khan M. Ilyas

#13 FPFun

FPFun

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2017 - 18:33

The pens I am using:

Do I speculate correctly that you are more comfortable with a larger diameter fountain pen ?   How about heft ?  Is a heavier pen better than a lighter pen ?   Did you try different pens ?  Which fountain pen have you been using ?   

I love TWSBI for capacity and have inked : 2 ECO (F & 1.1 Stub), 580 (B), Mini (M).

Lamy Safari with custom grind - Too light for my taste

2 Pilot VP (M, F)

To start out I was more comfortable with a large diameter pen as it was easier to control. However, larger diameter pens were also heavier for the ones I used and too much heft caused a shake in my hands that I could not control (Monteverde Regatta).  This led me to the safari as it is a light pen, but it was too light and I found I was pressing the section to hard to try and "find" the pen.  The TWSBI Mini was a gift to me from Goulet Pens after they heard about my condition and it was a perfect fit when posted.  This why I have so many of the TWSBI.  

I have small hands and find a posted ECO or 580 is to long for me.  I like the VP for my condition as well because every so often I get spasms from unscrewing caps on pens and with the VP it is just a click.  

Hope this helps.  I am always willing to talk about my condition and what helps me.  

#14 Morphling27

Morphling27

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 20:18

Welcome!  I'm in a desert in the state of AZ!

Here's my quick advice.  Don't go to the pen review forum.  Do not go to the ink review forum.

I just saved you a bunch of money!

Here are two questions I'll help you answer:

How much is too much ink?  There is never enough ink.

Should I add another pen I've been eyeing to my collection?  Of course, if you can properly budget for it.

#15 Chrissy

Chrissy

Ancient Artifact

• Away
  • 14,301 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 14:13

Hello Rick and welcome to FPN.  :W2FPN:​ 

#16 tbickiii

tbickiii

tbickiii

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2017 - 14:21

Hello and welcome from Baton Rouge, Louisiana...Enjoy your time here

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens

#17 Arkamas

Arkamas

Ink-Stained Gold

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:57

Greetings and welcome!

:W2FPN:

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

#18 DaveT

DaveT

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:51

Rick, Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hello, new

Sponsored Content

|