The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

My Signature And Signature Pen Are A Question For Me ...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dickkooty2

Dickkooty2

That Dick in Hood River

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:03

I know that it is important to use a signature pen ... I guess this means one that is impressive as well as laying down the line that will show off my signature. I want to come across as someone who is in command ... a leader ... yet a compassionate person that people like and trust.

Here are my questions ...

1  I am using a black Lamy 2000 with about a 1.7 stub nib. I use Pelikan black ink. I need to sign a variety of papers so I need the flexibility to lay down a good looking line that will enhance my signature. Any thoughts on another pen or ink or nib variety?

2  I am working on my signature to match how I wish to be perceived. This is as hard, at least for me, as writing instrument selection. I want my signature to reflect my image and position as someone who can approve and sign stuff. I want people to know that whatever it is that I have to sign has been signed by the right person!

Here is the signature that I'm using:

14sun1web-master768_zpspx7ryi5b.jpg

I can vary this in response to suggestions from you guys. Is it saying the right thing, Conveying the right image?

Thanks for your help!

D

Sponsored Content

#2 NinthSphere

NinthSphere

Made in Cognito

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 987 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:57

I'm not one to adhere to the idea of your first bit, that a pen used to sign something need be impressive nor that it's going to say as much as you want about the individual using it. Plenty of important things have been signed with all manner of writing implements. Rather, my choice of pen used for a signature prioritizes reliability & expected writing surface before getting fancy. My go-tos would be my edc line-up of 51s or the M200. If I want line variation, it would have to be a drier stub or italic to be used on paper of questionable quality or better. I don't know how your 2k fares in that regard.

No offense intended, which probably means it will come off at least somewhat offensive...

This sample signature says to me "I'd like to make sure my pen is working before I actually sign something". :lticaptd:Possibly "I'm practicing ekg strips". If I'd seen it identified as your signature previously, it would be recognizable, but I would struggle to actually pick out any letter forms from it.

#3 dayrow

dayrow

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:43

I'm curious to see how frequently you're going to post this before someone realizes it's a Trump joke.

...Did I write that publicly? :P

#4 South

South

Where's my ink.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:32

I'm curious to see how frequently you're going to post this before someone realizes it's a Trump joke.

...Did I write that publicly? :P

You have a good eye.

_18f78bb6-e071-11e6-a538-54bd197a5a1b.jp

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

#5 NinthSphere

NinthSphere

Made in Cognito

• FPN Donor - Iridium

• 987 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 May 2017 - 13:00

:headsmack: I stand by my interpretations of pen testing & ekg practice. I still struggle to make out any definite letter forms, but I would swear there are at least 3 capital As in Donald J. Trump.  :lticaptd: 

Sponsored Content

|