Whitelines Paper

DaveT

Have you tried Whitelines Paper yet?

It is fountain pen friendly and it offers a different writing experience with the gray background and white lines.

http://adpenworx.com/images/whitelines.jpg

Whitelines® is the new generation of writing paper. It’s simply white lines on a light grey paper. The concept is patented and yet very simple: since markings from pens are dark they interfere with the traditional dark lines of ordinary paper. On Whitelines there is no visual interference between the lines and the pen colour. Whitelines makes your writing and drawings stand out!

Also see http://whitelinespaper.com/ for more information

Available at http://adpenworx.com/store/index.php/paper/notebooks/whitelines.html.

Edited by DaveT

Please visit my store A&D Penworx.

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DaveT

• inkstainedruth

• Astronymus

• TennesseeTrash

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a sample of this stuff a few months ago and I'm shocked at how fountain pen friendly it is. I even got some sheen. A broad stub by Pendleton Brown with Shin-kai feathered badly on it, but I didn't have any trouble with my western mediums.

You can get a patent on that? Seriously? The world is lost. I blame lawyers and marketing experts.

I looked into Whitelines paper a couple of years ago when there was a discussion about it in another thread. Kinda cool looking -- but expensive. :glare: As in, I can buy Rhodia pads in a local art store -- including the No. 19 size pads (A4 sized) paper, for less than a standard size Whitelines notebook.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I think the pricing is more reasonable now since production is in PA.

A 8.5x11 spiral(70 sheets) I sell for $7.25.

8.5x11.75 legal pads(40 sheets) are $4.80.

Is this competitive with the Rhodia you are buying?

Edited by DaveT

Brands we carry: Benu Pen, Conklin, Kaweco, Monteverde, TWSBI - Diamine, J Herbin, KWZ- Clairefontaine, Field Notes, Rhodia, Whitelines

For me, at least, the concept has no additional benefit. I have used blank paper with a guide sheet, dotted squares, light grey lines, and Whitelines paper, and see no difference in their usefulness to me.

What is useful, is the way the system links in to Evernote via your phone and the Whitelines Link app.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Oddly enough, I find the white lines on a very pale grey paper rather annoying to use as the "reversed" effect seems like an optical illusion with the lines receding away from the writing spaces.

Also, I'm not keen on coloured papers as I feel they can influence the colour of many inks so not for me.

Of course, all very much a personal experience and YMM very well V.

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift.

That's why it's called the present

Thank you both for your comments.

Just like everything in life. We all have things we prefer and things we don't.

Like I said in the first post, it is a different writing experience. The paper is not butter smooth, which at times I like the feel of the nib on the paper. Sometimes I want a super smooth paper and I choose something else. Variety is the spice of life.

I have tried Whitelines, and I like it very much. I especially like the engineer pad, and the lined paper. I don't like the spiral bound one. What I find interesting about the Whitelines is it is pretty good with most fountain pen ink, but it has more absorbency than Clairefontaine, Tomoe River etc... That may not sound like much, but that absorbency allows for a quicker dry time. I happen to like the light gray paper. If it was a little lighter gray, it wouldn't bother me. I have no use for the software, or that aspect of this paper. I got the free samples, and then I made an order from Dave. I plan to make another order in the future. This paper is perfect for students, or work. Some inks will lightly bleed through, some don't. If you use a fine or extra fine pen, you are most likely going to be able to use almost any ink, with no issues. Good behaving ink has done very well for me on this paper, even in larger nibs. I don't use super fat nibs very often. I have used my Neponset with flex on this paper. With some inks it was good, with other inks, it bled. It is good to make a list of what inks don't do well on this paper, and keep that in mind. On the whole though, I like this paper very much, and I will be a repeat customer.

I heard about this paper from the other thread on it, and signed up for the free sample. Very generous sample, which I am using frequently. It works well for scanning my child's drawings, and I am going to give the grid pad to my father, a metallurgist, for making notes/sketches at work. I think it will prove useful for him.