Spot On The Issue: Replica Of Pelikan 101 & 101N

daenghafez

That is an amazing collection! :puddle: :puddle:

I may have destroyed my laptop due to all the drool on the keyboard :D .

I think these are some of the most beautiful birds, if only they made an oversized, M800-sized, version of some of these... then, I would be in trouble.

Congratulations on such a fantastic collection.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daenghafez

• Lelouch

• Christopher Godfrey

• Erik Dalton

I agree, I think, for re-issues these are great pens. Not only great looking but I am particularly enamored of the form, I like the originals as well.

I have the Lapis, the Jade and the lizard. I have heard stories of the binde of the Lapis shrinking in such a way that it causes ripples or rings around the body of the pen. Have you noitced that on your examples? Really a great set, thanks for showing,

What a great collection. How long did it take you to get this far?

Thanks! It has been more than 10 years, I guess.

I think these are some of the most beautiful birds, if only they made an oversized, M800-sized, version of some of these... then, I would be in trouble.

Thanks. There is still one more to go. And I'm still not sure with the position of my Lapis which is currently on transit to Hannover spa.

I agree, I think, for re-issues these are great pens. Not only great looking but I am particularly enamored of the form, I like the originals as well.

I have the Lapis, the Jade and the lizard. I have heard stories of the binde of the Lapis shrinking in such a way that it causes ripples or rings around the body of the pen. Have you noitced that on your examples? Really a great set, thanks for showing,

Thanks. My Lapis barrel is currently fine. No ring spotted so far at the barrel. It's just the cap is shrinking albeit it still manages to fully capped and the captop had turned to purple. The Jade is awesome with no shrinking nor discolourised.

My own lapis 101 is perfect, with no distortion or darkening -- with the exception that <one side> of the BHR at each end is slightly faded (gaining an olive-ish patina) because I understand that it sat on display in a shop window in Moscow for a long time, prior to my ownership. This imperfection, however, bothers me not one iota, since I am a user, rather than "pure collector" (no disrespect to daenghafez, whose collection I greatly admire! I have the lapis, the jade and the two tortoiseshells)

My own lapis 101 is perfect, with no distortion or darkening -- with the exception that <one side> of the BHR at each end is slightly faded (gaining an olive-ish patina) because I understand that it sat on display in a shop window in Moscow for a long time, prior to my ownership. This imperfection, however, bothers me not one iota, since I am a user, rather than "pure collector" (no disrespect to daenghafez, whose collection I greatly admire! I have the lapis, the jade and the two tortoiseshells)

Thanks Chris. Would mind to share the lapis pen here? Drooling to see one original 101 lapis. By the way, may I know which pen shop in Moscow did you acquite the lapis. Would be a colourful history for a vintage pen lapis of 1930s landed there.

Not to get off topic too far, but Paul Rossi made several custom pens that are essentially close to an 800N if it existed. They take M800 nibs and are piston fillers. I can dig up a photo if desired.

OP - a great collection of pens. I like the OOTT series a lot. Congratulations on getting close to the finish line.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Beautiful collection :wub: . Congratulations. I have 100 (ca 41) and 100N (ca 53) :D but I do not have any 101 and 101N :( .