Chrissy

I just popped into this review thread to say that these inks have now been issued and are readily available from Diamine and other retailers. :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• KellyMcJ

• sdbruder

• alexander_k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last Saturday I bought a bottle. My Diamine Orange bottle is almost empty and R&K Helianthus is lovely but often too light for my purposes. I haven't inked a pen with Golden Honey yet but with the help of cotton buds I made a brief comparison. The conclusion: I'm going to buy another bottle of Orange but Golden Honey is an interesting alternative to Diamine Terracotta (with which I was planning to replace Diamine Ochre). The last ink the comparison is R&K Sepia - another keeper.

post-42461-0-16575200-1498587317_thumb.jpg

Last Saturday I bought a bottle. My Diamine Orange bottle is almost empty and R&K Helianthus is lovely but often too light for my purposes. I haven't inked a pen with Golden Honey yet but with the help of cotton buds I made a brief comparison. The conclusion: I'm going to buy another bottle of Orange but Golden Honey is an interesting alternative to Diamine Terracotta (with which I was planning to replace Diamine Ochre). The last ink the comparison is R&K Sepia - another keeper.

Thanks for those comparisons. :)

Thank you very much. I think I need this one! Chrissy, thanks also for contributing to our knowledge base with all your great reviews.

Thank you very much. I think I need this one! Chrissy, thanks also for contributing to our knowledge base with all your great reviews.

You're very welcome. :)

Chrissy, is this a permanent addition to the line or is it limited edition?

Chrissy, is this a permanent addition to the line or is it limited edition?

It's a permanent addition to the 150th anniversary line, as far as I know. :)

• 3 months later...

I'd be interested to see how this compares to Edelstein Amber too, as I'm low on my supply.

Also wonder about its similarity to Ambre de Birmanie. If anyone has either of those two and can compare, would be grateful.

In general I'm finding these recent anniversary inks to be very interesting additions to the line for those wishing for subtle changes to existing colours before they become must-haves.

I'd be interested to see how this compares to Edelstein Amber too, as I'm low on my supply.

Also wonder about its similarity to Ambre de Birmanie. If anyone has either of those two and can compare, would be grateful.

In general I'm finding these recent anniversary inks to be very interesting additions to the line for those wishing for subtle changes to existing colours before they become must-haves.

On my review form, I compared Golden Honey with a swab of PE Amber. That swab is at the bottom left of the form.

The 150th Anniversary inks contain some of my all time favourites from Diamine. :)

This one seems to have really nice shading (even though I normally think yellow inks are too light to be legible, and just dislike most oranges in general). So a definite maybe.... I'd have to see the ink in person.

Thanks for the review (and possibly not...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Nice review, thanks.

I think I prefer it to Noodlers Apache which I bought on a whim and hardly use it.

You're welcome. :)

This one seems to have really nice shading (even though I normally think yellow inks are too light to be legible, and just dislike most oranges in general). So a definite maybe.... I'd have to see the ink in person.

Thanks for the review (and possibly not...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You're welcome :)

• 2 months later...

I picked this one up and inked up my vintage Eversharp Skyline.

HOLY COW! I've never fallen head over heels in love with an ink at first sight before but this ink is unbelievably gorgeous.

MpGVO9C.jpg

It looks great on that paper. :thumbup:

I love this ink so much. It goes great in that pen...though I have a Lamy 2K on the way, hopefully arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to put Golden Honey in it too.

In the interest of honesty I have to say this: My Golden Honey (sampled above) was mixed inadvertently with some leftover Skrip BB. I like the accidental mix better!!!! (it's the darker of the two pictured below)

B8a5ORf.jpg