The Kwzi Fruits

lgsoltek

Which ones are your favourite?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones are your favourite?

As it happens there are a couple of KWZ inks that have a name of a fruit (let's think of Gummiberry as a kind of magical berry for the moment). I think it'd be interesting to compare these pretty colours. So here they are. I don't think I need to say anything more about their behaviour. Just perfect as all KWZI products. If you like one colour, just grab a bottle!

Splash

fpn_1494355321__jpeg_image-4e45894777a6-

fpn_1494355325__jpeg_image-4e45894777a6-

fpn_1494355331__jpeg_image-4e45894777a6-

Writing samples

(All are written with a Pilot Elabo/Falcon Soft Medium.)

(on Clairefontaine 80g copy paper)

fpn_1494355428__jpeg_image-eafb6d3b11c1-

fpn_1494355433__jpeg_image-eafb6d3b11c1-

(on Tomoe River paper)

fpn_1494355503__jpeg_image-eafb6d3b11c1-

fpn_1494355439__jpeg_image-eafb6d3b11c1-

(with folded nib on copy paper)

fpn_1494355619__jpeg_image-f4545f9940f9-

fpn_1494355625__jpeg_image-f4545f9940f9-

fpn_1494355630__jpeg_image-f4545f9940f9-

Water-resistance

fpn_1494355845__jpeg_image-d0a11c5a2db0-

fpn_1494355858__jpeg_image-d0a11c5a2db0-

fpn_1494355867__jpeg_image-d0a11c5a2db0-

Comparison

fpn_1494355841__jpeg_image-d0a11c5a2db0-

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• noddle

• visvamitra

• Mishka5050

Wow, thanks for this amazing comparison! I'm really liking the look of the Gummiberry and Berry. Your comparisons with other inks in other brands is really informative as well.

And I always like what I see when someone posts about SAiAR, and yet have never bought a bottle.

Again, great work!

I picked three, with Grey Plum edging it for first spot.

Thanks for the fruity theme, IG Mandarin would be another.

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

GORGEOUS Comparison LG!!!!! :wub: :wub: .... I LOVE ME ALL these colours!!!!!!.... :wub: :wub:

Good thing don't have to choose... ;) .. I've been collecting KWZi since you were in kindergarten... :lol: :lol:

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thanks for the comparisons ! It's hard to choose! I am writing a lot with Grey Plum but I love Berry as well.

PS. When is International Fragrance Day?

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

I picked three, with Grey Plum edging it for first spot.

Thanks for the fruity theme, IG Mandarin would be another.

You're right. And IG Orange too! Now we need Konrad to complete the fruity theme with KWZI Banana, KWZI Blueberry, KWZI Avocado, KWZI Fig, KWZI Blackcurrant, KWZI Kiwi, KWZI Coconut...

I'm for him to continue this way.

There should be Walnut as well. ANd come to think about it Mulberry, Rambutan, Salmonberry andf many others as well. We need to make a petition.

Though probably not my kind of colour, I'm sure a red black Mulberry will attract a lot of fans.

I wonder what 'KWZI Kiwi' would look like, it has a nice ring to it!

Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

Very nice comparison! Grapefruit is my favorite.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

When I read the topic I thought for sure I was going to choose Grapefruit as it has been high on my list of wants for a while; However, your writing makes Cherry look absolutely stunning and I was forced to change my opinion, while reserving the right to change again at my whim of course.

Maybe an iron-gall that goes from the light yellow green inside a kiwi to the murky green of the kiwi skin?

Now that would be cool !

Even cooler would be a faint purple sheen to represent the pips :)

Inks: 

I only have Grapefruit, which I love, and is currently loaded in a TWSBI Eco with a medium nib. Looks great in this demonstrator pen with a huge ink tank!

But I also love this comparison which shows off all these other inks. Thank you Lgsoltek.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Easier to choose my least favorite. Hard to find a KWZI I don't like. And LOVE the idea of IG Kiwi among others. The shading would be incredible!