The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Unidentifiable "lamy" Converter

lamy safari converter cleaning disassembly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chossenger

chossenger

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:30

Heya peeps

So my mother recently uncovered her Lamy Safari from when she was much my age (so it's ~20 years old, I'm guessing), and decided to give it to me, knowing that I was into fountain pens.

It's a little the worse for wear (or lack of, rather), as she didn't clean it out before it got shelved, containing a goodly quantity of blue sediment. I eventually got the pen apart and (mostly) cleaned up, but the converter is giving a little more resistance.

tNBBwXZ.jpg

It's marked as being a Lamy converter, but it's neither a Z24 nor a Z26. The twiddly plastic grip section is circular and ribbed, rather than the semi-rectangular flat of the standard Lamy converters, and the metal divider between the knob and the clear reservoir has etchings at the top of it, all rather different to the Z2* converters.

I can't find any mention (or graphical evidence) of these existing anywhere.

Anyway, I'm having some difficulty working out how to disassemble it. Regardless of whether it's an authentic, if outdated, Lamy converter, I'd be happy to continue using it if only I could get it apart to give it a good clean. Does anybody have any tips about its origins or how to get the little bugger apart?

A few more images.

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, safari, converter, cleaning, disassembly

Sponsored Content

|