The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Pilot Iroshizuku Ink At Discount Prices

ink pilot iroshizuku discount amazon

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 RogerRamjet

RogerRamjet

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2017 - 21:36

I ordered 2 bottles through Amazon Canada.  They said left seller facility on June 14 and should be delivered by June 23.  Still no sign so filed a claim yesterday.  The tacking number they gave me appears bogus.  Begins with RC, then 9 numbers, then US.  

Oh well, we'll see what happens. 

Sponsored Content

#22 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:12

My bargain Iroshizuku order through Amazon.ca also didn't show up.  Like the poster above I was given an invalid tracking number.  Amazon.ca reviewed the case and refunded my money.  In the future I will carefully check the seller ratings just as I do with eBay vendors.

#23 Memory

Memory

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:46

Regardng other Pilot Iroshizuku colors, I just tried a sample of mirasaki-shikubu. Based on the swatches, I was really worried that the color would be washed out or faded. I was wrong. I typically like to test my inks with my Noodler's Neponset because it lays down a cubic buttload of ink, I can get decent flexing with little effort on my part, it's easy to test line variation, and the make a swab with the pen instead of using a q-tip. I'm on a work deadline though and was interrupted by the arrival of my first TWSBI. What do I do? Ink it up immediately with the mirasaki-shikubu. 

It's a lovely purple that is on the blue side of the spectrum. People's preferences for purple always tend to be towards the red end of the spectrum whereas I love it shifted to the blue spectrum, but not so much that it's mistaken for indigo or dark black. I'm on the hunt for the perfect purple ink ever since Noodler's Violet Vote was discontinued. I'm debating between this ink and Montegrappa Violet. As a reference point, Noodler's Concord Grape is probably my favorite ink, but I know that I have to be really careful with it. 

I'm still searching for a good deep red as well. If you find one, let me know!

Hope that was helpful :)

#24 J_MM

J_MM

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 August 2017 - 17:58

Regardng other Pilot Iroshizuku colors, I just tried a sample of mirasaki-shikubu. Based on the swatches, I was really worried that the color would be washed out or faded. I was wrong. I typically like to test my inks with my Noodler's Neponset because it lays down a cubic buttload of ink, I can get decent flexing with little effort on my part, it's easy to test line variation, and the make a swab with the pen instead of using a q-tip. I'm on a work deadline though and was interrupted by the arrival of my first TWSBI. What do I do? Ink it up immediately with the mirasaki-shikubu. 

It's a lovely purple that is on the blue side of the spectrum. People's preferences for purple always tend to be towards the red end of the spectrum whereas I love it shifted to the blue spectrum, but not so much that it's mistaken for indigo or dark black. I'm on the hunt for the perfect purple ink ever since Noodler's Violet Vote was discontinued. I'm debating between this ink and Montegrappa Violet. As a reference point, Noodler's Concord Grape is probably my favorite ink, but I know that I have to be really careful with it. 

I'm still searching for a good deep red as well. If you find one, let me know!

Hope that was helpful :)

I'm a burple (blue-purple) lover as well. Some of my favourites are: Noodler's North African Violet,  Le Couleur Royale, Purple Martin and Diamine Bilbery.

#25 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2017 - 23:02

The deal isn't as fantastic anymore - Goulet's price dropped to $20/bottle because pilot switched bottle makers to something slightly cheaper (bottle design is the same, it's just a different manufacturer)

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#26 GranTorino25

GranTorino25

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:46

regarding the kiri same - i agree. i had bought it too but it wasnt what i had hoped. quite disappointing 

That's interesting! I have it in a fine TWSBI Eco that I'd hardly call wet, and it's probably my favourite ink at the moment! I am writing mainly on cream paper though, which may be making it look darker!

As for Iro inks, if you are in Australia, James at Pensive Pens (online store) is selling their range for an introductory price of $35 a bottle rather than $45-50!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, pilot, iroshizuku, discount, amazon

Sponsored Content

|