Help: What Sheaffer Model Could This Be?

mke

I liked the color, so I bought it.

But I didn't find any information about it.

Can you help?

LINK to Yahoo Auctions with more photos

Length 13 cm apparently

post-135191-0-04929000-1493993943.jpg

Edited by mke

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• corgicoupe

• mke

• AL01

• jar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked the color, so I bought it.

But I didn't find any information about it.

Can you help?

LINK to Yahoo Auctions with more photos

Length 13 cm apparently

It's not an ordinary NN, it's a fancy one with gold plating and a pretty body.

Yep...a NoNonsense with some flair. I have one just like it and replaced the nib with an 18k from a Connaisseur. I also put a turned-down brass machine screw in the depression on the back end of the barrel.

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

That sounds interesting. I would like to stick a normal nib in my calligraphy NN. How can you do that?

That sounds interesting. I would like to stick a normal nib in my calligraphy NN. How can you do that?

Swap sections.

My Website

It is Sheaffer No Nonsense VINTAGE model... circa eraly 1990´s (if I am not wrong)it was made in black, marbling blue, marbling green...etc. Regards

It is Sheaffer No Nonsense VINTAGE model... circa eraly 1990´s (if I am not wrong)it was made in black, marbling blue, marbling green...etc. Regards

Correctamundo.....................A-Firm.................

Fred

....not only of the pastness of the past, but of it's presence.............T.S. Eliot

Go to the 7th post in this thread to see mine...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/320166-what-colors-do-vintage-no-nonsense-come-in/

Ron Zorn went even further in modifying his NN, to the point it looks and feels like a red marbled Connaisseur.

Edited by corgicoupe

Robert Frost

Go to the 7th post in this thread to see mine...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/320166-what-colors-do-vintage-no-nonsense-come-in/

Ron Zorn went even further in modifying his NN, to the point it looks and feels like a red marbled Connaisseur.

Nice pens that one could hook up with a large variety of nibs..{Sheaffer Balance ll for example}

From Sheaffer catalog c. 1998

VINTAGE

fpn_1494029108__vintagennshe.jpg

Suggested Retail was $10.00 and came on a blistercard....While the NoNonsense Viewpoint

in five translucent colors.....Purple Smoke Red Blue Green was $5.00.....

And the Solid colors..Jellies..Sports..et.al. Sheaffer claimed the stainless steel nibs

were flexible..........Really.....One man's good old advertising hyperbole is another man's

major league irritant..........Skrip inks cost $4.50 for a 2 oz bottle at that time........

Hmm...Burgundy Red King's Gold Peacock Blue Blue-Black..................

Fred

Edited by Freddy

@corgicoupe

That looks pretty, indeed. So it was perhaps a good decision to follow the "must-have instinct" when the pen popped up on Yahoo Auctions Japan. :)

I think you made the right move. Folks at the local pen club gave positive comments about the pen. I got mine from speerbob.

Robert Frost

• 3 months later...

Meanwhile I found a converter for it and filled it with Pelikan 4001 brilliantgreen.

Guess what, it is a VERY good pen. It has a smooth nib, the line size is not too broad (i.e. it is just right for me!!!). It doesn't dry out even if I let it for some days without using it.

And finally, it is pretty.

I wish, I would find the blue and the green one too. Thanks Freddy for the old advertisement, so I have now some search targets.

The 18k nib I put in mine was a broad medium and laid down too much ink for my liking, so I went back to the original ss nib and like it better; and it's just as smooth as the gold nib. It's the pen I carry on trips because it will take cartridges.

Robert Frost

These are nice pens. I have a Red Marbled and Green Marbled version. Every year around Christmas-time I ink them with Red and Green ink and use them as my Christmas pens. Good choice!

I have four of these with the gold trim and gold disk on top of the cap. Also, these have gold plated non-italic nibs. I have seen Ron Zorn' modified pen in the thread linked above. What gold nibs other than that of a Balance II and Connaisseur would fit in this pen?

Khan M. Ilyas