Parker 75?

mke

I got a present today - a vintage gold-colored Parker.

The person who gave it to me said that he thinks it was originally a fountain pen but was remodelled into a ball-pen.

What do you think?

Is it really Parker 75? It looks like, doesn't it?

Is that remodelling easily reversible? Or should I just keep it as something special?

post-135191-0-31068600-1493797344_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mke

• mitto

• FarmBoy

• athar201

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, that is a 75. Buy a section along with nib unit and transform it into a fountain pen.

Edited to add:

Yours is a 75 soft tip rollerball type ballpoint with full size fountain pen body. It can easily be converted to a fountain pen by simply screwing in a fountain pen section with nib and feed assembly.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Sorry, just to be sure that I didn't misunderstood. You meant exchanging the red part in the picture below. Or the blue part?

Meanwhile I searched better and I found that it is a Parker 75 Imperial from the 1970s. "Cap & Barrel are 22K gold plated over brass with imperial pattern (which is a group of 4 lines with alternative spacing all around cap & barrel) & gold filled trim."

What does it actually mean "imperial pattern"?

Thank you.

Michael

post-135191-0-07399900-1493819504_thumb.jpg

Sorry, just to be sure that I didn't misunderstood. You meant exchanging the red part in the picture below. Or the blue part?

Meanwhile I searched better and I found that it is a Parker 75 Imperial from the 1970s. "Cap & Barrel are 22K gold plated over brass with imperial pattern (which is a group of 4 lines with alternative spacing all around cap & barrel) & gold filled trim."

What does it actually mean "imperial pattern"?

Thank you.

Michael

The whole section that you are terming as blue part. Yes, it is Imperial finish. Imperial pattern is the one that you have already mentioned. Gold plated and group of four lines with alternative spacing all around cap and barrel.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Save the old RB section though. The trim ring can be transplanted to a fountain pen section if/when the thing corrodes and leaks.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

So, if anyone has a spare nib/feed assembly to sell, notify me please.

So, if anyone has a spare nib/feed assembly to sell, notify me please.

Please bear in mind you need nib & feed assembly as well as the section. Not just the nib and feed.

Khan M. Ilyas

Need to know which section you need, there are more than one. Looks like a first generation plastic thread with silver trim ring. Figure a section on eBay will be around 50. A standard grade nib (F/M) will be about the same.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Todd, isn't the barrel of the 75 the same regardless of which section it has.

I assume the barrel would take either of the sections - first generation metal threads, plastic threads, chrome ring, gold ring or second generation round section with the thick integerated feed+collector and thin ring.

Or may be you are asking for the personal preference of the OP.

Khan M. Ilyas

I had a look what Ebay could provide. At the moment, it looks a bit grim. Somebody from Germany offers the full exchange parts for 160 USD, that is about all. But I saw that the same imperial design FP with a 14K nib was recently sold for 120 USD. So, it seems that I have to be patient for whatever turns up.

Todd, isn't the barrel of the 75 the same regardless of which section it has.

I assume the barrel would take either of the sections - first generation metal threads, plastic threads, chrome ring, gold ring or second generation round section with the thick integerated feed+collector and thin ring.

Or may be you are asking for the personal preference of the OP.

More that I've been trying to put the correct section into the barrel to arrive at a 'correct' pen.

Search Parker 75 Section on eBay.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

The to-do lists alone are epic! But yes, there are lots of opportunities for fountain pen usage -- especially in the editing process.

That is great. Yes, the section from that pen would fit your rollarball barrel. Plus you may get a squeeze converter with that pen. And the ballpoint would be a bonus.

And you would be getting a nice P75 box too. Congrats.

Edited by mitto

Khan M. Ilyas

Trying to purchase a section, nib and converter will be more expensive than just buying an entire Parker 75 fountain pen. I would suggest looking for a complete pen that has a barrel and cap that is totally worn and just swap out the insides. The Parker 75 pens have remarkable consistency and all of the parts are very interchangeable. Yours looks like the Imperial and is in nice shape. I have 11 of these pens and they are all really nice writers.

Trying to purchase a section, nib and converter will be more expensive than just buying an entire Parker 75 fountain pen. I would suggest looking for a complete pen that has a barrel and cap that is totally worn and just swap out the insides. The Parker 75 pens have remarkable consistency and all of the parts are very interchangeable. Yours looks like the Imperial and is in nice shape. I have 11 of these pens and they are all really nice writers.

I was in need of a section and a nib assembly for my 75 premier. So bought a user grade M nibbed 75 pen for $48. Just received the parcel. Section is being soaked right now.

Khan M. Ilyas

> Trying to purchase a section, nib and converter will be more expensive than just buying an entire Parker 75 fountain pen.

Yes, that is correct, I realized this meanwhile. I bought a set with 14K crosshatch pattern for the nib. But I decided to keep that set as it is for my bagpack. It is an unused set but has some serious degradation because of a bad storage, I think.

So, I bought another 75 - a sterling silver with a 14K nib. But this one is in too good shape. So, I will keep this one too as it is.

Still waiting for one where I don't hesitate to put it to rest.

Fortunately, Japan is very fond of Parker (and Cross and Montblanc). On Yahoo auctions, you can find everyday another one.

Writing with the 14K nib is the smoothest writing experience of all pens I have. I am very happy with this pen/nib.

Is there a possibility to use such a nib with a Parker 75?

LINK to Yahoo Auctions

Got really font of these Parkers and "created" my wishlist here. Unfortunately, my wife said she ignores this hint. :crybaby:

Edited by mke