What's Your Signature Color?

Flaxmoore

Every fp user has their own favorite color. What's your signature color, the one where a colleague automatically knows it's you?

Right now it's Pilot blue-black, as I have a large bottle of it. 350 milliliters of ​inky goodness, and I've only used about 90. Anyone sees that color, they automatically know it's me.

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HalloweenHJB

• NicolausPiscator

• pajaro

• Runnin_Ute

Quink Blue Black for me.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Among my 5,000+ other colleagues where I work, I know of only one other for certain that uses a fountain pen (if there are more, I haven't seen them). So if it's a fountain pen, it's generally me -- though I use iron gall blue-black as my signature ink.

<span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Trebuchet MS'><span style='color: #0000ff'><strong class='bbc'>Mitch</strong></span><span style='color: #0000ff'>

=======

http://exploratorius.us

Green.

But I do not have just one shade/color that I use. Just depends which green ink pen I pick up to use.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Iroshizuku Kon-Peki. I've used a bottle of it, and after a hiatus from using it I'm halfway through my second bottle.

"Oh deer."

Hi,

Ye olde discontinued Parker Quink BlBk c/w SOLVX.

Then there's the discontinued MB BlBk iron-gall...

And the discontinued Parker Penman Sapphire... ...

My goodness! Am I being discontinued????

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

For about 10 years, it was purple rollerball, first Pilot G2, then Uniball. Now that I (re)discovered FPs, if my co-workers see anything other than black ballpoint, they assume it's me.

The one they see most often is probably Skrip Turquoise.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo is my stand by ink at work, but as I don't care too much about 'business appropriateness' my colleagues are used to a range of weird and wonderful colours as I try out new inks (anything important has to be typed anyway).

Green.

But I do not have just one shade/color that I use. Just depends which green ink pen I pick up to use.

My favorite color may be that dark brown/purple of Nightshade, although that's not even in a pen right now. It may be one of the teals or turquoises, depending on when you ask. Rather what makes my writing stand out is the style, whether print or cursive &, generally, the use of fountain pen rather than ballpoint.

Once was Waterman Havana Brown, as it then was. Now, it's the fact of a fountain pen.

X

It has varied over time but for a while now it has been Waterman Mysterious Blue. Since I started using a fountain pen way back in grade-school days, I identify primarily with blue-black ink.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

I'd say Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black ink, but in general most blue/blacks, conventional or IG.

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

I'd say Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black ink, but in general most blue/blacks, conventional or IG.

+1 for me also

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I use Waterman Inspired Blue for all markups these days...

Edited by tgoto

Dream, take one step at a time and achieve. :)

I am only aware of one other fountain pen user in my office. His are mostly narrow nibs - multiple Pilot Metropolitans. Me? From EF to stub and Broad. And color - for things others will see is usually a blue black. Right now that would be Diamine Blue Black or Noodler's 54th Massachusetts. But I also have pens inked with dark reds and greens and others. So it could be anything. I used a M200 with OB nib and KWZI IG Turquoise to sign closing documents selling my mom's house last Friday. That is as common as some others.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain