Greetings From Indonesia

ch_rinaldi

Hello everyone! Greetings from Indonesia!

Um.. A word or two about myself? Currently, I am a medical student in a public university in Indonesia. In a very fortunate chain of events, I was able to save myself a couple of dollars (of course roughly converted from IDR :D )

How did I start getting interested on fountain pens? The same with other hobbies that I currently have, split-second decision and, of course, with impulse out of nowhere. Though for this one, I'm looking to maintain it for a long time out of necessity since I am going to write a lot of notes etc, might as well enjoy it with every stroke.

I can't really say it's the best investment I have ever made... Yet... But after I'm buying one and wrote a lot with it (about 10 pages , I've recently started journaling too...), the difference was NOT subtle at all. Even with a "cheap" pen like Hero 210, it's far more comfortable to write with one than any pens I had ever used up into this point.

After about 3 days with my first fountain pen, with some spending money earned doing side gigs, I was able to buy myself a black and golden trim Parker IM in my local bookstore. Needless to say, the relatively high price tag justify the joy, that sheer bliss when writing. Moreover, due to this newfound obsession with fountain pens and how well do they write, I accidentally (and in a positive note of course :) ) was able to enjoy studying more. A win-win solution. I get to save money too, since I'm planning to use my Parker pen for a couple of years or at very least after I can get a job, then probably I'll start collecting pens and write just for the fun of it. Or at very least, I'm going to break my habit of leaving things on the desk out of fear from losing the pens.

Looking forward to meet you all.

Thank you for having me!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• Wahl

• ch_rinaldi

• flyboyalif

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I am a medical student in a public university in Indonesia.

the relatively high price tag justify the joy, that sheer bliss when writing.

Welcome !

You have chosen the medical profession. It is noble and honorable pursuit, during which your will witness vast amounts of misery. May you always be able to afford joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome! I can relate to the notion of FP interest seeming to have come out of nowhere. I wish it had come to me during my student days, but we never really stop learning! I hope you get enjoyment and information from this network.

Welcome to our little corner of the universe from a pen user in San Diego. I'm glad you are here!

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Hello fellow Indonesian college student :lol: I can relate to the tight budget situation. If you've got some spare cash & time, I suggest visiting the antique stores. They sometimes have many kinds of pens at a much cheaper price. Rp. 50,000-100,000. Certainly cheaper than getting them at the bookstores, and a good chance to get some vintage gear.

Happy hunting!

Greetings! Careful of that rabbit hole. You could have another 10 pens adopt themselves for you before the year is out. :thumbup:

:W2FPN:

...The history, culture and sophistication; the rich, aesthetic beauty; the indulgent, ritualistic sensations of unscrewing the cap and filling from a bottle of ink; the ambient scratch of the ink-stained nib on fine paper; A noble instrument, descendant from a line of ever-refined tools, and the luster of writing,
with a charge from over several millennia of continuing the art of recording man's life.

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

• 8 months later...

he

Hello fellow Indonesian college student :lol: I can relate to the tight budget situation. If you've got some spare cash & time, I suggest visiting the antique stores. They sometimes have many kinds of pens at a much cheaper price. Rp. 50,000-100,000. Certainly cheaper than getting them at the bookstores, and a good chance to get some vintage gear.

Happy hunting!

hey are you have an idea or a suggest where can i found it in jakarta?

Thank you

Hello & welcome from Melbourne Australia

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts - Winston Churchill