My 159 Is Real Wet.

Mrpink

Is this the norm? The X750's are not wet writers and they are both medium. Should I buy another 159? Because I have tried disassembling and playing around but it won't budge.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankb3

• Mrpink

• mke

• Moonshae

They're wet, but not terribly so, depending on what you're used to...if EF is your thing, a 159 M is going to seem like a flood. The nibs are friction fit, so should just pull out. I swapped one of mine with a stub from Goulet. The nib cost as much as the pen, which isn't much, and gives some nice variety.

Try a drier ink or a finer nib.

fpn_1497391483__snailbadge.png

Is this the norm? The X750's are not wet writers and they are both medium. Should I buy another 159? Because I have tried disassembling and playing around but it won't budge.

The x450, x750, and 159 all use the same nib and feed and *should* write identically. But Jinhaos are cheap, and there is a bit of variability from one unit to the next - mostly the nibs. Try swapping nibs between the two. Also try comparing them under high magnification - is the gap between the tines the same? Or there's a possibility that there is a slow leak that is keeping the feed highly saturated with ink - it could be a leak in the converter (you can swap them too) or the nib/feed aren't fully seated.

All Jinhao pens are wet writers. As I said in another post, some are at the limit of it being considered "leaking".

Chinese pens are very cheap. In any production process, quality control is a high cost factor. To keep the pens cheap, I think QC is not always done in the same manner as you would expect for an expensive pen. This QC "problem" you should not forget when you buy cheap stuff.

Another forum member said, he/she always buy three pens to make sure one of them is exactly they way he/she would want it. This is a valuable advice, I think.

I have MANY Chinese pens and the variation of wetness between several X750, e.g., is large.

So, conclusion, buy two more and find the one which pleases you. The others you can give away as presents. Somebody else might like them the way they are.

All Jinhao pens are wet writers. As I said in another post, some are at the limit of it being considered "leaking".

No, they are not all wet writers. I have several 159's that are not wet at all. There is nothing wrong with the quality though. I like them and most 450's and 159's I have are good writers.