What Was Your First Montblanc?

Wolverine

You know, I am struggling a bit to recall for sure. It was either they day I bought a Kafka FP, a Kafka set, a Schiller FP, and a Fitzgerald FP in one go from the boutique (ordered from the archives in Hamburg - aka the office supply closet where they keep unsold WE pens) OR it was a Silver Fibre Guilloche 146 solitaire. It was maybe 12 years ago and the purchases were not too far apart. I went a little nuts with MB after starting in with Visconti pens. Ah, the lure of local retailers where you could see pens in person...

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• torstar

• zaddick

• Cyriljay

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I bought a MB Boheme Blu several years ago, which I really enjoyed, though recently let it go, and miss it now, to acquire a 147 Le Grande rollerball more suited to work requirements.

I do miss it and am looking for another MB as a daily joy!

Montblanc: 146 75th Anniversary, 147 Le Grande, Doue Solitaire

Parker: Gold Duofold Centennial, Sonnet Fougere

Visconti Bronze Homo-Sapien

Waterman Edson Sapphire Blue

You know, I am struggling a bit to recall for sure. It was either they day I bought a Kafka FP, a Kafka set, a Schiller FP, and a Fitzgerald FP in one go from the boutique (ordered from the archives in Hamburg - aka the office supply closet where they keep unsold WE pens) OR it was a Silver Fibre Guilloche 146 solitaire. It was maybe 12 years ago and the purchases were not too far apart. I went a little nuts with MB after starting in with Visconti pens. Ah, the lure of local retailers where you could see pens in person...

At first I thought this was presents you bought for the bosses after your first Wall Street investment bank Christmas Bonus over 7 figures...

Again with the story about the local pen dealer nostalgiac for the days when Toronto's financial district led to people walking in with an order for a dozen of the new MB LE pens, as presents for bonus cheques.

I'd like to be able to do that for my bosses some day...

At first I thought this was presents you bought for the bosses after your first Wall Street investment bank Christmas Bonus over 7 figures...

The Kafka set was a gift, the rest were for my grubby little hands. All are gone now except the Kafka.

I put in an order for about 8 pens from the archives right before they started to raise the prices for the retired pens. For many years, the price remained fixed at the original list if they still had the pen. Now, prices on old stock float up with the other general price increases.

Edited by zaddick

The Kafka set was a gift, the rest were for my grubby little hands. All are gone now except the Kafka.

I put in an order for about 8 pens from the archives right before they started to raise the prices for the retired pens. For many years, the price remained fixed at the original list if they still had the pen. Now, prices on old stock float up with the other general price increases.

even the worst of the writers LE have risen beyond inflation over the original selling price?

even the worst of the writers LE have risen beyond inflation over the original selling price?

Well, I don't know what they have in stock any longer, or what you consider the worst, but the rising tide lifts all boats (or in the case the rising prices lift all unsold LE pens).

Montblanc 144 purchased at least 30 years ago from a now defunct stationer in Hartford, Conn. It remains in the collection and has been joined by several larger brethren.

First one I used was fathers rollerball. First purchased was Boheme BB with onyx jewel, my daily carry pen when not at work.

Edited by KellenPAC

My first MB was a mint 320 piston filler with juicy 14k 585 M nib. I still have that pen and all the pens that I bought from mid 60s until today. Never ever sold a pen. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

MONTBLANC MEISERSTUCK 149 in Gold given to me by my parents after graduating Medical School And the matching desk set from my grandfather and grandmother.

• 2 weeks later...

Classique cartridge filler, bought at the Navy Exchange in San Diego. Traded it in towards a used 144.

http://www.ALuckyLifeBook.com

http://www.bobsoltys.com

An Easterner had a nervous breakdown. Wyoming, with its wide open spaces and healthy pursuits, was prescribed as a cure - Clive Sinclair (paraphr).

I've got a lot of fond memories of that dog. - Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

My first MB is " 146" Medium nib. Then I added a StarWalker, and a Meisterstück ballpoints pens.

Edited by Cyriljay

This one. I bought it today. A Montblanc 146 with a F nib. Together with lovely ink from Akkerman in Vermeer Blue.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/marijn_album/mb146_zpsnlbf8xs2.jpg

This one. I bought it today. A Montblanc 146 with a F nib. Together with lovely ink from Akkerman in Vermeer Blue.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/marijn_album/mb146_zpsnlbf8xs2.jpg

Nice!

• 2 weeks later...

So my first was Greta Garbo ... And then, Marlene Dietrich, Grace de Monaco, and Ingrid Bergman :blush:

(on the picture, from left to right, Garbo, Bergman, Dietrich and Grace de Monaco)

791567Muses.jpg

(and I also have a Heritage 1906 Corail)

Edited by MrsHobie

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

I was a critic of MBs after testing their modern 146 and 149. Something made me buy a 342 D (blue cap top) from the 1950s. After that, my collection has mostly been in the direction of vintage MBs

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

• 11 months later...

My first Mont Blanc is Meisterstück ballpoints pen which was accompanied by a Le Grande 146 and then I have got a Starwalker ball pen.

This month..just two weeks ago I bought another Le grand 146 and a mini Small Meisterstück . and then a Le grande 149 Majestic pen which is 30 years old. It is a great classic pen which looks too big for my hand. But he'll be great in my writing instruments. :D

Just a common or garden type 149 with 14k nib, from 1990, bought second hand in 2016 with a vendor warning that the piston was all but stuck, which it was. About a year later I finally opened it to grease the piston. After that I grew to like it more. :)

Older MBs back to 1955 have been added. I am still disinclined to anything newer, albeit my 146 proved to be 1991 rather than 1980s.

X