• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• torstar

• zaddick

• tinta

• MrsHobie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first Montblanc pen was a ballpoint pen for DM 4,95 (US$ 2.50) retail price. It was in 1968 and a customer took it with him a few weeks later ...

Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

MB 147 LeGrand Traveller from an estate sale for $100 US. Sold it as I couldn't figure out how to use it, only to re-purchase the same model years later as I discovered what a fountain pen was and fell in love with the FP community

Mentioned in the earlier post, a friend who gave me her late Husband's 146, with it's medium nib. I didn't love the medium nib & bought another one & had the nib switched to an OBB. I had not wanted to alter the first pen & use it occasionally but prefer the broader nib on my second 146.

Montblanc 32 with an OB nib. That was around 10 years ago - and got me into Montblanc's. Loved that pen, had such a nice smooth nib. Shouldn't have sold it....

my first MB came from the boutique In Orlando. My first 149 came from a very nice member that lives in Texas. The 149 is an awesome pen.

Hi,

A 149 + B nib.

It is so excellent that I saw no reason to buy another MB pen. Just as I have only one Parker Vacumatic - got it in one. :)

Let us write with pleasure.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

My first MB was a 149 with a fine wet nib, bought new 50 years ago. It is sitting right here on my desk, inked with MB Permanent Blue.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I purchased a used 1991 MB 146 last summer from a FPN seller and have been using it regularly since then. Here is a photograph of it with a couple of his German friends. (please excuse the phone screenshot)

post-30197-0-20994800-1493299738_thumb.jpg

146 from a store, a good friend advised that there is no such thing as a superbargain on a new or good condition MB.

The first Montblanc in the house was my wife's, one of the annual editions, based on the 144 but with a porcelain cap. It cost far too much, of course, but aside from that was a very nice c/c pen and interested me in getting a 144 sometime. My first Montblanc was, and is, a Starwalker.

It is so excellent that I saw no reason to buy another MB pen... got it in one.

That's exactly how I feel, not about a brand, but a model: my Waterman Carène.

Edited by Tweel

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

I avoided held off on Montblanc for quite a time, finally purchasing an early '90's 146 with a slightly skinny medium nib. Found out the scoffers were full of beans. I loved it and promptly bought a 149. Love that one too. Then a... Anyway, yes, I still have all of them, and the most recent was a WE Dumas.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

It was a MB 149, which I sold to my friend from Pentrace.

I regret having sold it, and so I have made up for it, now I own 9 MB 149 pens!!!!! :)

Some giveaway fountain pen that came as gift with a newspaper subscription. Just one of those cheap school fountain pens Montblanc produced back in the 70s and 80s. It went into the trash bin eventually, I guess it was a Turbo or Carrera or something like that.

Greetings,

Michael

I still have a Slimline I bought in 1989. I'm not sure if it was my first Montblanc or not since I don't remember what all I used in High School. That was a loooonnnnggg time ago.