Clipless Ebonite Pen With Long Section

sanyalsoumitra

Made this pen with a long section. I like the ebonite colour. Used Kanwrite 35 mm 2 tone steel nib unit. The nib is semi flex.

Ink test was satisfying..the pen came out quite writing friendly. Welcome comments

fpn_1493163095__img_20170425_183750_822.

fpn_1493163243__img_20170425_183727_228.

fpn_1493163343__img_20170425_183828_056.

fpn_1493163450__img_20170425_184049_583.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mhguda

• sanyalsoumitra

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a very nice looking pen, although I'm wondering about the big step between barrel and section, with the section this long. Won't it bother you when it rests on the web of your thumb? Especially since the pen also seems to me it might be a bit on the heavy side, are those brass threads?

But the ebonite is very nice, and that nib...

So, are you aiming to sell these pens? or do you make them on commission?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Tested and reasonably nice pen..no discmfort or heavy feel. Full pen 28.4 gm and without cap 22 gm.The Kanwrite 35 mm nib bought from Amazon.com is very cheap at about 100 rupees or so. But performance is easily comparable to Schmidt or Jowo. The brass coupler used at the barrel is lightweight.

No to selling as I barely get time to make a few pens for my own collection! However I am happy to share the dimensions on request so anyone liking my designs can get them made.

And I do not start my pens with a drawing in hand...rather allow the pen to take the shape as it is completed. One way it gives me freedom to do the shape as I want but on the flipside I miss out on being disciplined.Basis that I do not think I would like to take up commision work...though the main reason is lack of free time.

Thanks for your liking the pen.

Thanks for clarifying... especially about the coupler.

I will believe you about the quality of the Kanwrite nib, more people have commented on how nice they are. I think I may have one in one of my recent new pens from ASA, and it is very nice. I also have a number of pens that sport Ambitious nibs, which are also very good.

Too bad you won't be selling your pens... I like the flexible approach to the design, and would be interested if you change your mind... In the meantime, enjoy using your own pens! and keep updating us about it.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi