The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Faber Castell Progress 44P ?

faber castell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ManofKent

ManofKent

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 19:00

Is anyone able to tell me anything about a new acquisition?

Picked up on ebay for not a lot as an impulse purchase. 

Standard smallish plastic pen with a hooded nib and a stainless steel cap (with cone finial).

Appears to be a cartridge converter (standard international?). 

Faber Castell Progress on the cap band

44p lightly engraved on barrell with either an OF or OS below it.

Nib is probably steel (or chromed).

Currently soaking as the feed is rather clogged with blue ink.

I'm guessing inexpensive late 60's early 70s?

Thanks

Sponsored Content

#2 OMASsimo

OMASsimo

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 April 2017 - 20:49

Sounds like a standard description of the Progress line of pens from the mid 60s. Surprisingly, this pen was marketed under both names, Faber-Castell or Osmia Progress, and came in various sizes, designs, and nib qualities. 44 stands for the size (smallish) and P for cartridge ('Patrone'). I have a 77S which is a decently sized piston filler with a steel nib (77G had a 14k gold nib). It's a reliable workhorse pen, not comparable to one from the glorious Osmia times, but you don't see very many of them.

Enjoy the pen - and I'd love to see pictures if you have a chance.

#3 ManofKent

ManofKent

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:19

Sounds like a standard description of the Progress line of pens from the mid 60s. Surprisingly, this pen was marketed under both names, Faber-Castell or Osmia Progress, and came in various sizes, designs, and nib qualities. 44 stands for the size (smallish) and P for cartridge ('Patrone'). I have a 77S which is a decently sized piston filler with a steel nib (77G had a 14k gold nib). It's a reliable workhorse pen, not comparable to one from the glorious Osmia times, but you don't see very many of them.

Enjoy the pen - and I'd love to see pictures if you have a chance.

Thanks - Apologies for cameraphone quality:

progress44.jpg

progress44p.jpg

Inked up it reminds me of a Parker Jotter - writes without skipping, nail like nib, fine to medium line - smooth enough but with quite definite feedback.

Edited by ManofKent, 26 April 2017 - 08:58.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faber castell

Sponsored Content

|