What Significant Documents Have You Signed Using A Fountain Pen?

Wolverine

When I had to sign a death warrant in July 1988, I used a Parker Vector with brown Skrip. Loved those old Sheaffer bottles.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Bo Bo Olson

• mitto

• Pendarion

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I signed my letter of resignation. It was significant because I realized that the job and I were just no longer compatible.

Still job hunting for something new but it took a lot for me to finally realize I should have left sooner.

Every word written is a victory against death. -Michel Butor

(back after being away for a while)

I tend to sign execution orders with a black Sr Maxima Vacumatic using very black ink.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

• 3 months later...

Today, I signed my application for Italian citizenship at the Italian Consulate in San Francisco. I used an Aurora Talentum filled with Aurora Blue-Black ink.

I did my mortgage when I refinanced the house in 2015.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Signed my wedding license with a Scriptorium Montblanc 139 clone with a 14K JOWO broad nib and Aurora Blue Black ink. My better half signed with a Scriptorium Idyll, JOWO 14K medium nib and Noodlers Heart of Darkness. Thanks Renée.

Edited by mmg122

Sigh cubed, none....everything bought before I came back to fountain pens some 7-8 years ago.

The Toyota is just getting middle aged at 22 years In the next five or ten years might have to buy another. Toyota is the Volvo of today....too bad Volvo ain't. ....my MX-5 is 17....so some day I'll buy a new car....and finally use a fountain Pelikan 500 OBBB maxi-semi-flex 'Signature Pen'. If there is 2/3's of a page free.

Sigh otherwise I'll use a normal fountain pen.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I used my Waterman Exception Slim black ST (bought with christmas money from my grandmother) to sign the lease contract here in Berlin and the last employment agreements.

It's a pitty ink dries in this pen within two days.

Parker 45 fine or medium nib --

Applications for admission to universities

Application to the United States Navy

Home mortgage loan application

Real estate sales contracts

Magna Carta

Income tax returns

Retirement papers

Commitment papers for my crazy ex-wife

$250 traffic ticket

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

None. All required ballpoint.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

:huh: :crybaby: :gaah: :wallbash:

You didn't remember your allergy to BP's?

Make an X and have them sign....with witnesses. Your shrink so ordered....we should have a shrink here that can back that up. :happyberet:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I sign pretty much everything with a fountain pen because that's all I carry with me. Documents of significance? Mortgage paperwork; I wish there were documents to sign when the mortgage is paid off, now that is significant!

My vocation as a minister allows me the opportunity to sign marriage licences on a fairly regular basis. My fountain pen of the day usually elicits some sort of remark by those being married. Note that in Kansas, only the officiant is required to sign the license, the witnesses (or I) print their names and the marriage partners are typed in by the issuing bureaucrat. I figure, given the nature of the institution, marriage licenses are the most significant documents I sign. I usually try to have one of my more significant pens with me for the occasion.

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Hi all,

Like BoBo, all of my important documents were already dealt with before I discovered fps in late 2015... although, I do believe I signed my latest will revision using a fp... but I cannot recall which one I used. :unsure:

On an up-note, I did just recently sign my own commitment papers using an Apple Green Safari loaded with Diamine Ultra Green ink... I'm a traditionalist; if nothing else. :)

The best part of the deal was the signing bonus I got... an all expense paid trip to a wonderful spa... they even pick you up in a special limousine, (that sort of resembles a Brinks truck), but comes with a luxuriously padded interior.

Better still... they like me so much, they've agreed to let me stay for an indeterminate length of time. :thumbup: The only thing I don't like is they're a little too "high brow"... they have bars on all the windows to keep out the riff-raff and other undesirables. Oh, well...

Be well and enjoy life. :)

- Anthony

Edited by ParkerDuofold

I tend to sign execution orders with a black Sr Maxima Vacumatic using very black ink.

I put my signatures only on aquittal orders with anyone of my P51s using white ink. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

Just a hint for your "STAYcation,"

When I had my first appointment @ Clinic with a therapist to discuss my "Mental Condition," he asked if I would be willing to take medication. I replied, "If you tell me it will be helpful, I will gladly take strychnine!" I was allowed to go home that day, with three prescriptions, on the condition I would willing return to see him the following day.

When I described my first "visit," that evening to a friend, they "suggested," my willingness to accept pharmaceuticals "might not," have been the best answer for my assigned therapist, during our first meeting! I felt confident he would not "judge me" because he had NO clue my favorite color was Orange & my first nice pen purchase was a Delta Dolcevita Oro, (All Orange, All Over) with it's big stub nib to better spread Orange ink around. Why on Earth people think users of Green ink are more suitable candidates for "observation," when some of us are using Orange, Sparkles O'Plenty & some downright Rainbow Bright inks! Green looks pretty normal, from MY ink cupboard.

When I had to sign a death warrant in July 1988, I used a Parker Vector with brown Skrip. Loved those old Sheaffer bottles.

One of my ancestors was one of the regicides who signed Charles I's death warrant. I wonder what ink he used...

When I had my first appointment @ Clinic with a therapist to discuss my "Mental Condition," he asked if I would be willing to take medication. I replied, "If you tell me it will be helpful, I will gladly take strychnine!" I was allowed to go home that day, with three prescriptions, on the condition I would willing return to see him the following day.

When I described my first "visit," that evening to a friend, they "suggested," my willingness to accept pharmaceuticals "might not," have been the best answer for my assigned therapist, during our first meeting! I felt confident he would not "judge me" because he had NO clue my favorite color was Orange & my first nice pen purchase was a Delta Dolcevita Oro, (All Orange, All Over) with it's big stub nib to better spread Orange ink around. Why on Earth people think users of Green ink are more suitable candidates for "observation," when some of us are using Orange, Sparkles O'Plenty & some downright Rainbow Bright inks! Green looks pretty normal, from MY ink cupboard.

:lol:

I have to laugh at the irony.

Well, BP, you know how conventional some of these health spas can be... some of them just haven't come around to recognizing the "orange ink crowd" as viable candidates for membership yet... but I think that will be changing soon... as they come to know you guys better; they'll realize you're probably more viable candidates than us "greeners."

It's a process. :D

- Anthony

Certain... job related application. I don't remember what pen I used to sign it; most likely Pelikan m600 or Kaweco Al-Sport. I do however remember the consequences.

Is that so? What about users of Diamine Oxblood and similar inks?

You do not have a right to post. You do not have a right to a lawyer. Do you understands these rights you do not have?

Kaweco Supra (titanium B), Al-Sport (steel BB).

Parker: Sonnet (dimonite); Frontier GT; 51 (gray); Vacumatic (amber).

Pelikan: m600 (BB); Rotring ArtPen (1,9mm); Rotring Rive; Cult Pens Mini (the original silver version), Waterman Carene (ultramarine F)